bbain
Vintage Diver

Montserrat - PRAM goes off the beaten path

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:42 pm

While visiting family in Montserrat, I had the opportunity to get a couple of shore dives in with a local dive shop on the island. Took a bit of ribbing as being "old school" what with a Cressi Pinocchio mask and the PRAM. PRAM and the new DSV performed flawlessly, but the divemaster had both an O ring leak at the tank valve on the first dive and a HP hose leak on the second dive. Suggested he might want to use older, more durable equipment. ;-) Unfortunately both of our cameras failed after only a few shots, which I don't seem to be able to post. I followed the "How to post pictures" instructions, but I get a "Sorry, the Board attachment quota has been reached" message..

Diving was excellent - 40-50 ft. visibility, 86+ water temperature. Sandy bottom with volcanic boulders forming the base for the coral growth. Healthy coral, likely because not a whole lot of traffic. Sandy bottom was prime eagle ray territory - saw several.

If you are looking for an unspoiled dive location within the Caribbean (somewhat of a rarity these days), check out Montserrat - they only had 12,000 tourists in a recent year.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Montserrat - PRAM goes off the beaten path

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:07 pm

bbain wrote: "Sorry, the Board attachment quota has been reached" message..
From Ron: I modified board quotas from 500MB to 1500MB, which is 1.5 gigabytes

Post away!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

bbain
Vintage Diver

Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:30 pm

No joy on posting pix. I got the same message so I must be doing something wrong. No worries- I am sure folks have seen eagle rays before.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:09 pm

Nemrod just posted a whole lot of nice high resolution images so I'd guess that maybe something is stuck in your cache or something like that. sorry for the problem
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”