georgeaustin
Master Diver
First Name: george

Orange County CA. - Planning phase.

Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:53 pm

guys,
Myself and a couple friends are in the early planning phase of a dive trip we'd like to do this summer.

I am crew on Sundiver Charters out of Long Beach, CA. Sundiver has the most extensive database of southern California dive locations downloaded into their system (3000 plus) We are most definitely vintage friendly, solo friendly, backpack only friendly, DFG friendly and current. We just throw the anchor and open the gate - the rest is up to you.

We are thinking of taking the Express boat -( 48 ft, 27 kt ) down to Laguna Beach and hitting some of those sites NEVER visited by local charters. Yes, there are wrecks and reefs outside the range of beach divers - somewhere in the 1/2 mile offshore and 70 ft - to 130 ft plus depth.

This would be a private, limited load, advanced skill level trip. Thinking 10 or 12 divers, single day . .

It's summer so we'd need to make it kind of a short notice thing. The south swells during the summer will make anchoring and diving less than spectacular. We'd need to hit it during a flat time. Weekday or weekend.

PM me if interested in being involved in planning.

We might also think about taking the other Sundiver boat (65 ft / 15 kt) which is set up for multi day trips and going for 2 days or a long weekend.

Thanks

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”