Herman
VDH Moderator

Bonaire in Febuary 2016 anyone ??

Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:52 am

At Sand Dog this year I had a member ask if I was going to Bonaire anytime soon and wanted to get a trip going. For those of you that may not know, i have been there a bunch (almost 30) times and know the island well. If you are unfamilure with Bonaire, the diving is super easy with lots of fish life, perfect place for the novice diver as well as the experienced. The diving is unlimited and un-nannied so you can dive as much and any way you like. Soooooo, I am thinking of a trip to Bonaire in Feb 2016 (most likely Feb 13-20). This is not an "organized" trip, I won't handle your airfare or take your money but what I will do is reserve the rooms and diving (and maybe the rental vehicles depending on if they are included), holding them under my name. You will pay directly to the vendor so I don't have to handle anyone's money. I will be happy to help with other concerns such as airfare and what to take.

At this time, I am just looking for some idea of the amount of interest and any feedback on what type of resort is most wanted...cheap, with meals, on water and the like. While you can bet I will be diving double hose, this is by no means a DH only trip, anyone is welcome.

Any interest??
Herman

reddiver
Lung Diver
First Name: David

Re: Bonaire in Febuary 2016 anyone ??

Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:37 am

HI Herman,

Count me in. I great time to leave Rhode Island.

Dave

bbain
Vintage Diver

Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:15 pm

Herman wrote:At Sand Dog this year I had a member ask if I was going to Bonaire anytime soon and wanted to get a trip going. For those of you that may not know, i have been there a bunch (almost 30) times and know the island well. If you are unfamilure with Bonaire, the diving is super easy with lots of fish life, perfect place for the novice diver as well as the experienced. The diving is unlimited and un-nannied so you can dive as much and any way you like. Soooooo, I am thinking of a trip to Bonaire in Feb 2016 (most likely Feb 13-20). This is not an "organized" trip, I won't handle your airfare or take your money but what I will do is reserve the rooms and diving (and maybe the rental vehicles depending on if they are included), holding them under my name. You will pay directly to the vendor so I don't have to handle anyone's money. I will be happy to help with other concerns such as airfare and what to take.

At this time, I am just looking for some idea of the amount of interest and any feedback on what type of resort is most wanted...cheap, with meals, on water and the like. While you can bet I will be diving double hose, this is by no means a DH only trip, anyone is welcome.

Any interest??
I'm in as well. Only question is whether Devon and/or Ginny will be there as well.

bbain
Vintage Diver

Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:17 pm

FWIW, I use Hopper to track airfares. Right now, the ATL-BON Saturday flight is down from $920 to $865 R/T and Hopper is advising to book soon.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:27 pm

Just thought I would kick this thread a little and let you all know the plans are under way. I have narrowed the resorts down to a couple and have emails out to those who have already shown an interest. More to come shortly.
Herman

bbain
Vintage Diver

Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:53 pm

If folks are interested, and are planning to take the ATL-BON flight on 2/13, they better book soon. I had to *call* Delta to get my son and his fiancee on the flight. It's very nearly full (we're all stuck in middle seat hell). the rep said that some seats may open up at the last minute, but ....

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”