ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Sea Hunt Forever......2016

Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:16 pm

The video is great! Whoever did the casting did a superb job! I see best supporting actor Oscar potential everywhere. Fun to see all of us getting geared up and doing our thing in the background of a number of shots. I yelled out several times, "All right, Mr. Bird, I'm ready for my close-up" but I guess he didn't hear me. :D Congrats to all and thank you Jonathan and crew for such a wonderful production and to Bryan and all the usual suspects who made the magic possible. Mark.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:31 pm

That's a really cool video! If your reading this Jonathan, Thanks!

Jim

jrltenn
Master Diver
First Name: Joshua

Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:49 pm

Well done guys. My boys enjoy watching Sea Hunt with me on YouTube and now want to come see the next event in person. Very cool to be able to watch such well put together footage.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:05 pm

Thank You Jonathan and your crew for the Fantastic video!

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:54 pm

- Wow what a thrill to see us all on Blue Planet. Jonathon did a great presentation and I think he got us all into it, too. I've been going thru it and spotting people... There's Rob, there's Mark, etc. Watching the show brings it all back... MAN, that was a lot of fun. I noticed that Jonathon called it an "annual" celebration in the narrative. Good PR for the park, too.
- Thank you Jonathon Birds Blue World for doing such a nice presentation of Sea Hunt Forever!
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

USdiver
Master Diver

Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:32 am

Thanks Jonathan! How did you make a bunch of us old guys look like Mike Nelson stand-ins? The magic of technology....

Besides numerous nominees for best supporting actor/actress among us divers , Joe should be up for a best special effects nomination for those u/w flares, my personal favorite scene from the video.

A well produced and professional piece that certainly advances our hobby and gives the public some insight into what motivates us to keep on diving.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:54 pm

I went here.... http://www.blueworldtv.com/ and left a thank you for Jonathan. He may or may not look at VDH, but I guarantee he checks his own. LOL. So if you really want to thank the guy for a job well done which he deserves..................................... :wink:

Jim

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:19 pm

Hello Everyone: I just finished "my" video/dvd of our fantastic weekend at Silver Springs. I used photos and footage from many of you, your family and friends.

While it may not be as polished as Jonathan's or Alan Youngblood's, I think you all will enjoy it.

I am asking $5.00 to cover postage/expenses. Please pay by Paypal at [email protected] by July 31st. I won't be burning any more discs after that date.

Of course if you want to buy one and burn copies for your friends that's fine.... this means you, you cow! :D

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:36 pm

Barb,

I'd be happy to upload and post your video to my Vimeo account and then post the link here. I pay a yearly fee for extra storage space to keep all my videos online so there is no problem with the size of the file. I'd need a DVD recorded in the highest quality format possible for the upload. Just a thought. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:26 pm

Thank you for the generous offer I will burn a DVD and send it to you please let me know your address and I'll get that out to you right away

Barb

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:34 pm

Barb, I'll email you my address in a few minutes. DVD or Thumb Drive is fine. Prefer it in a .mpeg, .wav, or similar format. Regardless, I'll work with whatever you have. Mark

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi Barb,
We are looking forward to seeing your video, and appreciate your making it available. I'll send an email with mailing address and get ya paypal'd.
The older I get the better I was.

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:59 pm

Hello Everyone: While Mark and I are working out the particulars to get this out on Vimeo, please hold off on sending any money to me via Pay Pal.

After it's out there for everyone to enjoy thanx to Mark, if you want a personal hard copy DVD, I can still send you one, same charge.

Hang in there with us,

Barb

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:00 pm

ivan's mermaid wrote:Hello Everyone: While Mark and I are working out the particulars to get this out on Vimeo, please hold off on sending any money to me via Pay Pal.

After it's out there for everyone to enjoy thanx to Mark, if you want a personal hard copy DVD, I can still send you one, same charge.

Hang in there with us,

Barb
Already paid, & yes I still want the DVD. :)
The older I get the better I was.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:58 pm

Oops... I only just saw this today and sent in my $5. I do want the DVD if you are still planning to make them up.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”