Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sand Dog XII 2015....Mark Your Calendar NOW

Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:20 pm

May 15th to May 17......Orange City Florida

Days Inn Orange City will be our headquarters just like Sand Dog 1 and 10 :D CLICK HERE

Arrive on Friday sometime and gather around the pool area at Days Inn for tales of wonder and amazement and general BS'ing about all things in general.
Friday night I expect we will go to the local Chinese Buffet as a group.

Dive Blue Springs on Saturday CLICK HERE with our traditional Sand Dog cookout in the park.

Saturday night I will try to get the group private room at The Swamp House Restaurant again.

Dive Alexander springs on Sunday CLICK HERE

I have this topic locked and at the top so everyone can find the details quickly. Please ask questions and make comments in the post lower down the page. As facts of the weekend develop I'll update this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Re: Sand Dog XII 2015....Mark Your Calendar NOW

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:14 am

Spoke with Paul, the owner of Seminole Scuba http://www.seminolescuba.com/
This is the closest dive shop to Blue Springs. They helped us out two years ago with air fills and cylinders and weights for divers who are flying in for the event.
No problem filling 72s doubles or triples AS LONG AS THEY ARE IN CURRENT HYDRO AND VISUAL.
They are open till 5 on Saturday.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:50 am

Read Carefully............READ CAREFULLY!!!!!

DO NOT........DO NOT..........Bring a dive light of any shape form or fashion into Blue Springs unless you register at check in and show your CAVE DIVING credentials and register as a CAVE DIVER....If you do not register this way then LEAVE YOUR DIVE LIGHTS AT HOME OR IN THE MOTEL!!!!!

Our diving day almost went bad two years ago when FWC did a check of our gear....If you think they have a sense of humor about this THINK AGAIN...It is not open to discussion or explanation with them......Trust me on this one.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:25 pm

I did a little writeup on the VDH Blog on what you can expect at a Sand Dog event.

CLICK HERE

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”