ErosJax
Diver
First Name: William

Re: 2015 Sand Dog?

Thu May 14, 2015 11:06 pm

I am planning on driving down from Jacksonville on Saturday morning. I see the park opens at 8 am and am assuming you guys will be there ready to go at 8. I'm looking forward to meeting several of you and getting as many tips and advice as possible.

I will be coming down solo, so I am hoping I will be able to buddy up with someone once I am down there. I have never been to Blue Spring, but I see you have to register to dive. Do you have to have a buddy present when you check in, or will I be able to tell them I am meeting up with the Vintage guys? Not sure how strict they are there.

fishnbeer
Skin Diver
First Name: Jerry

Fri May 15, 2015 12:09 am

I hope everyone has a great time at Sand Dog. I wish I could be there but finances coming from California are a little bit much for me at this time. Enjoy yourselves and have a beer for me, ok maybe a few more.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri May 15, 2015 7:27 am

ErosJax wrote:I am planning on driving down from Jacksonville on Saturday morning. I see the park opens at 8 am and am assuming you guys will be there ready to go at 8. I'm looking forward to meeting several of you and getting as many tips and advice as possible.

I will be coming down solo, so I am hoping I will be able to buddy up with someone once I am down there. I have never been to Blue Spring, but I see you have to register to dive. Do you have to have a buddy present when you check in, or will I be able to tell them I am meeting up with the Vintage guys? Not sure how strict they are there.
Yes, you need to register with a buddy at Blue Springs. I'm sure several of the group will be there at 8am that you can register with. DO NOT mention anything to anyone associated with the park that your equipment is different than gear used by any other diver.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Fri May 15, 2015 8:55 pm

And do not say anything about lights!

Or manatees :mrgreen: !

I usually ask them what the bag limit is on manatees and my best dive buddy likes to have illumination explained to him :D, usually by someone wearing a badge :shock: . Oh, and Joe, he probably needs another jog :P .

Wish I could be there but I am/was teaching a class last week and next week. Oh well, probably for the best. I shall invade Flariduh soon enough :twisted: .

Have fun and take some photos.

James

Dave2
Lung Diver
First Name: David

Sat May 16, 2015 10:56 am

Have there been any sightings of the elusive VDH DSV???

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun May 17, 2015 7:12 pm

Random Sand Dog XII pictures.....More to follow along with updates as everyone gets home and has time. Good Times!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sun May 17, 2015 7:41 pm

We have attending this years event and I hope everyone had a great time. Always good to see old friends and make some new ones.

Joining us for the first time were, Joe and Brian from Live Oak Fla, William from Jacksonville, David and Mary Ann from Rhode Island, Fun Size Doug from South Carolina, Scott (Tooth Diver) from Venice FL..

Herman, Henry and Rob from SC, Fred and David from TN, Mike from IL, Roger, Dan and Rob from Ohio, Gary, Eva, Jillian, Bryan FL, Jim from WI.

More pictures and stories to follow...

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Mon May 18, 2015 10:10 pm

We all had a great time at this Sand Dog. As usual VDH kicked in and fed over 20 people free of charge in the park. A special thanks to Eva for running to the store and getting all the great grub. Many a hot dogs, chips, sodas, waters, cookies, and watermelon were eaten during the surface intervals.

The gear was splendid as well. Yes, we had lots of Argonauts and Phoenix regs, but thanks to many of our veteran sand dog divers we had Divairs, Healthways, Voit, US Divers, Watergill, and Dacor regs. Many of the newer participants really appreciated the varied and historic significance of these other regulators.

A lot of video and still shots were taken and some are already uploaded on the facebook.

Thanks again to VDH for one of the most rewarding vintage diving experiences ever.

8dust
Master Diver

Tue May 19, 2015 10:20 pm

Working on trying to make something out of my first-ever underwater shot video...
I now see now how significant a part of the process post-production is....

As far as photos go, I didn't take too many, but there's this one... :shock:

Good thing nobody has noticed me wearing crocks to the office for the last couple days...
Gotta love that soft & supple vintage rubber... :o :cry: but hey, those fins do look super cool 8) :roll: :lol:

I had an absolutely fantastic time as always and can't wait to get together again soon!
Thanks to All for another weekend of good memories :D
Freddo
NAVED member #201

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Tue May 19, 2015 10:21 pm

Looks like you got whacked by the creature from the black lagoon! :shock:

8dust
Master Diver

Tue May 19, 2015 10:35 pm

my black Voit "Skin Diver" fins tend to chafe just a tiny bit...
which is strange, because they actually are still really soft in the foot pocket...
That, and a matching left foot, are the result of a very slow and easy 2hr float down the Rainbow River on Friday morning... go figure... and is why I had band aids on my heals sat/sun
and had switched to wearing my churchills...

The price of fashion can indeed be high sometimes! :wink:
Freddo
NAVED member #201

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed May 20, 2015 10:09 am

VDH Blog about the event has been posted....

http://vintagedoublehose.blogspot.com/2 ... ow-up.html

captain
Plank Owner

Wed May 20, 2015 10:45 am

8dust wrote:Working on trying to make something out of my first-ever underwater shot video...
I now see now how significant a part of the process post-production is....

As far as photos go, I didn't take too many, but there's this one... :shock:

Good thing nobody has noticed me wearing crocks to the office for the last couple days...
Gotta love that soft & supple vintage rubber... :o :cry: but hey, those fins do look super cool 8) :roll: :lol:

I had an absolutely fantastic time as always and can't wait to get together again soon!
Thanks to All for another weekend of good memories :D
Not enough diving to toughen that area up.
Captain

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Wed May 20, 2015 8:28 pm

I'm sure disappointed that I was unable to get to Sand Dog this year :cry: , but glad y'all had fun! :D
The older I get the better I was.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu May 21, 2015 10:42 am

8dust wrote:my black Voit "Skin Diver" fins tend to chafe just a tiny bit...
which is strange, because they actually are still really soft in the foot pocket...
That, and a matching left foot, are the result of a very slow and easy 2hr float down the Rainbow River on Friday morning... go figure... and is why I had band aids on my heals sat/sun
and had switched to wearing my churchills...

The price of fashion can indeed be high sometimes! :wink:
the keyboard is easy to swear ..but none of you were on the depth did you write it.. dive puddle easy ..Bosphorus is deep and current.. red-haired, freckled man if you are brave come to Bosphorus ..We dive 200 feet if you can ! you use modern equipments I use vintage..Can you ?
or Red Sea Blue-Hole ..

Do you hear this voice in your head sounding like a drunk Borat?

I expect at anytime to hear about something that hangs like sleeve of wizard......

Sitcom writers would run over their children for comedy material this good.....

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”