Herman
VDH Moderator

Bonaire March 14

Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:02 am

To get out of the cold and wet of winter Nancy, Earl, Allan, my wife Kathy and myself flew off to the warm waters of Bonaire in early march.. We stayed in a really nice house just across the street from the ocean and a block from the dive shop, Dive Friends. If you have never been to Bonaire, you really should put it on your bucket list. The island has good food, lovely people and great diving. You can dive all you want, any way you want with any profile you want, just my kind of place, there are no scuba police on the island….which is the reason I usually make at least 2 trips a year to the island. I thought I would share a few photos with you.
Allan, please feel free to add some of your photos as well. Enjoy.
IMG_1111web.jpg
gear at tolo.jpg
turtle.jpg
Allan oilslick.jpg
SP shrimp.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Herman

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Re: Bonaire March 14

Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:53 am

Well, ok. Different camera than what I am used to so I am not too excited about these. Nevertheless:

Just the neighbors across the street:

"You divers, can't you do anything except take pictures. OK, ahhhhhh"

I think this is where Margaret Keane got her inspiration:

Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:56 pm

Those red hoses are difficult to miss topside and below!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

dhaas
Lung Diver

Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:25 pm

Nice shots guys!

David Haas

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:51 pm

I'm no David Haas, but my God are those photos awesome. Herman and Allan, you need to make some of those into prints so I can frame them and put them in my office. 8)
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:22 pm

Dive Friends is an absolutely top-notch dive business. They have 3 stores on the island. Tanks are easy pick-up, drop-off at any location. Staff is friendly, courteous and some (Christine) are nice eye candy. Kind of liked the accent too. From arrival to sign-up, paper work to water was very simple. I highly recommend this business.

The Salt Pier, and "must dive" location. (You do not need a dive master as before to dive here as long as there is not a ship loading salt at the pier). Dive the south side piers. Better life and condition.

Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Ron...and everyone for that matter, I am happy to send you full resolution files of any of my photos for your use- there are a lot more, these were a few at random to give an overall taste of the island.....split the profit with me and you can sell them if you like. :)
I usually make 2 trips down a year, more if I can. Any of you are more than welcome to come along. Just drop me a PM letting me know you are interested and I will keep you in the loop. I don't do for profit trips nor do I publish the fact that I am going so I need to know you are interested.
Herman

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:08 am

And a few more
5 oclock.jpg
Christmas.jpg
Seahorse.jpg
salt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Herman

Herman
VDH Moderator

Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:47 pm

And some more....if I dont' get kicked out for the 4th time..[/size[attachment=2]eel.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=3]tangs.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]flounder.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]sunset.jpg[/attachment]

I am so ready to go back...actually I already have tickets.
Herman

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”