8dust
Master Diver

First one on the calendar wins at my place...

Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:42 am

...but only if it’s far enough in advance the Mrs. kinda forgets about it till it’s too late and I’ve already got the truck packed when the day comes... :P

I can’t help but feeling a little up-to-my-ears in the season of giving... but no problem, that is as it should be I suppose, good family man that I am,... but it never hurts to do some advance planning for some me-time... some goal setting as it were... something to tape to the mirror and look forward to through the cold, gray, house-bound, stir-crazy days of winter... while paying down the credit card...

So the question is, oh Grand Poobah of Wesley Chapel and all Desiderata VDH, for those of us not fortunate enough to make Cozumel, what if anything was discussed about Sand Dog XI ? hmmmm???
Freddo
NAVED member #201

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Re: First one on the calendar wins at my place...

Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:07 am

Check the VDH newsletter. It is going north this coming year. Allan is the organizer so it will be awesome.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:33 am

Allan told me some about what he is cooking up for SD11 and I'm sure the details will come out soon. Think July..... It will be a blast!

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:51 am

Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

8dust
Master Diver

Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:30 pm

well lookie there! :shock: I hadn't had any time to spend with the new newsletter and I guess it's showing!!! :oops: :lol:

sounds really fun, albeit a touch longer drive from these parts... I did, however, drive last year... now didn't I, OEM3102... hmmmm....

delighted to hear there is already such a well developed plan in place! can't wait! hope I can make it work. :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Freddo
NAVED member #201

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:29 am

- I was thinking to schedule a weeks vacation for the drive to Portage when Rob invited me to the New York Sand Dog... Now the quandry:
- It's be a long drive either place... And I'd like to drive it to bring my Vintage gear.
- I have to choose one... Which do you guys recommend?
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:55 am

SurfLung wrote:- I was thinking to schedule a weeks vacation for the drive to Portage when Rob invited me to the New York Sand Dog... Now the quandry:
- It's be a long drive either place... And I'd like to drive it to bring my Vintage gear.
- I have to choose one... Which do you guys recommend?
If you can only do one, Sand Dog wins hands down! :)

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:00 am

SurfLung wrote:-when Rob invited me to the New York Sand Dog
Just an FYI for any new folks reading this, Sand Dog is an open event for all vintage equipment divers. Invitations are not sent out or required. There is no special list,secret handshake or PADI specialty required. Details are posted, everyone is welcome and we hope to have a great turnout!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Herman
VDH Moderator

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:16 am

Bryan, would it be fair to say all are welcome vintage or not. If you just want to learn a little about double hoses and the divers who use them, it is the prefect time to meet and dive with some of the most experienced DH divers in the country.
Looks like a 740 mile- 14 hr dive for me....I may look at flying.
Herman

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:27 am

Always need new folks wanting to learn..often we have a double hoser traveling with someone who has not come over to the dark side yet :) Not a problem at all...just dont want our boat or boats full of poodle jackets while double hosers miss out. There are 51 other weekends for that.

pearldiver
Vintage Diver

Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Hi you's guys. Sorry I've been away for a while. My dad had a stroke and I've been very busy. I've been lurking though and Bryan, I'm coming to NY. (Lord willing of course). Sign me up. Terry said hes coming along too to skin dive. Allen, I'll be seeing you on your turf and looking forward to some great diving and fun. Gayle
Don't Drown, it will ruin your day!

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”