1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Re: Sand Dog X Make Plans Now To Attend

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:07 pm

The Mermaid and I are back in Ohio, Bummer! Barb and I had a great time diving with you all. Even though some of us tried to get us kicked out of Blue Springs by the man we managed to get some great dives in and celebrated the 10th Sand Dog in style. I dont think that Bryan, Tom, Jack, Joe, Chuck and I had any idea what we started that first day 10 years ago at Blue Spring. Now SD is an internationaly known event and with a lot of hard work and support by people like Bryan, Allan and many others it continues to be exciting and new every year. I can't wait to see what is coming for SD 11. The word on the street is Allan will be brewing up something new and exciting!
I would like to thank VDH for generously providing Sand Covered Dogs and drinks for the cook out! I personally ate 3 sand dogs and they were as fine and tasty as any had at any sand dog.
A lot of video and photography was done and I for one am looking very forward to seeing the finshed product.
Thanks to all the new and old Sand Dog memebers that attended and made this yet another awesome SD. I still cannot believe it has been 10 years!

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:52 pm

YOOO HOOO Mr Nemrod......I keep a close eye out for your return....I keep checking the surface every few minutes...I asked Bryan to take my picture so you didn't forget me. I moved over to the Ichetucknee River from Manatee Springs. Since FWC has their eye on Allan these days we can spend some quality time catching up :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

gj1963
Master Diver
First Name: Geoff

Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:28 pm

Looking forward to more pictures.....
-Geoff

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:34 am

swimjim wrote:
Bryan wrote:Just wanted to thank everyone who attended Sand Dog X in person or at least in spirit :) Events like Sand Dog and small businesses like VDH don't happen on their own.....Nor do they happen because of one person. It's because of you the double hose diver and our diverse global community that we've been successful enough to make it 10 years. I am indeed fortunate to have such great friends and customers who keep things interesting with rarely a dull moment. Each year we grow and expand and I look forward to celebrating a Sand Dog XX with you. And remember kids.....Friends don't let friends dive single hoses.
Do I get a pass for diving my Aquamatic? LOL :wink:
Jim, I'm just relieved to hear that you survived :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:34 pm

I just got home a couple hours ago. Unloading the van and thinking about the warm clear water is harder then any OOA situation I've ever been in. I found driving through a heavy snow shower while driving through Milwaukee really depressing. On a happier note, I can now start working with the stills and video from the trip. I'll be diving a wreck on Monday night, lake permitting. I estimate Lake Michigan's temps will be around 35 to 38 degrees colder then the springs. I'll be using a little more then a swim suit for exposure protection on that dive. Ha

Jim

sitkadiver
Master Diver
First Name: Dave

Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:38 pm

Welcome home Jim, glad you made it safely.

Can't wait to see the video's and live vicariously through your lens.
I do not believe in taking unnecessary risks, but a life without risk is not worth living. - Charles Lindbergh

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:09 pm

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:14 am

Back in Illinois after my trip to SDX and then to hang out with family in SC. I really enjoyed meeting those who attended and how everyone made me feel welcome. I suspect the manatees had someone monitoring this forum and read that you-know-who was returning to the springs. I heard that Allan is going to train the Park Rangers on the differences between a flashlight and a camera strobe (because he would NEVER bring a flashlight into Blue Springs). It was great to hear the stories and meet many of the people who have so much experience and knowledge that is shared regularly on this site. Thank you to everyone who helped make this traveling vintage scuba menagerie a fantastic success :D . I'm looking forward to the next opportunity to dive with any of the group. Mike
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:30 pm

It was great to meet you Big Mike and we hope to see you at the Portage event in August. The diving is not the best but the crowd is really fun and a lot of people that can't make SD come to Portage every year. The swapping and selling is also pretty awesome.

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”