usddude
Master Diver

Re: Interest in a Vintage Dive in NASHVILLE area?

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:20 pm

I also thank Mike for the grub. The guy is a much better cook than he is a diver. He said he was going to work on that though. Not sure if that means he'll be a worse cook and a better diver or what? :lol:

usd

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:34 pm

Oops!

8dust
Master Diver

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:52 pm

To borrow a phrase, what an UBER great day, with fantastic weather , and even better people.

So glad everyone made the trip and it was a pleasure meeting you all!

I know Fred the owner enjoyed meeting everyone, esp. the ladies, and seeing and talking about all the great vintage gear too.

The biggest worry when "planning a party" is what if nobody comes :( but what a treat for you all to have made the effort. I was just proud to be involved and associated with a group of such really decent people.

After 1 margarita at the marina and 2 more at home, I am now offically way too tired to rinse & stow dive gear but it should make for a good project in the morning.

One free-swimming weightbelt hardly stands out in a days worth of good memories.

Looking forward to the next time, Fred :D
Freddo
NAVED member #201

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:17 am

Sounds like everyone had a great time! We're looking forward to seeing the pictures. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:27 am

It was an "uber" day.
The weather was wonderful, the people were great too!
One complaint the portolet, but that's a small inconvenience, when you can just pee in your wet suit. Don't tell anyone.

Fred and Steve were gracious hosts representing Tennessee. Southern hospitality 'n all, y'all. I loved the Sweet Tea.

It was great meeting Scuba Lady, try as we may there was no beating down the odor in portolet even with her supplies of windex and clorox.... I was glad to turn Rob over to you, I can never keep up with him and you gave it a good shot. PM me about the vintage suit.

Gary is going to have to supply the photos, and the video of the dive at the Chrusher House, it was very intersting. If anyone hasn't seen Gary in a while, you need to look for the lean, mean, diving machine in the silver suit, Gary you look awesome. Rob thinks so too.

As usual, Rob ended up taking such good care of me, toting my tanks, just about carrying me all over the place. I really needed a scooter to get out to that Chrusher House, that would have been the deal. If I had a scooter, Rob could carry that down to the water for me too.

Fred, Steve, thanx again so much for a great time!

ScubaLady
Vintage Diver
First Name: Becky

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:21 am

Thank you so much for a wonderful day. I really enjoyed meeting everyone and it was so nice to meet more Vintage Divers. Martha's Quarry was absolutely beautiful, and to parrott Rob, I have got to get back there to explore the Quarry more. I could spend a week there diving. I will just have to remember to bring my own bathroom. :D :D

The Crusher House was so great! The first time, I explored it solo and that was very thrilling. The second time, I got to explore it with someone who knew what they were doing (thank you, Rob) and that was UBER kewl as well. It's got me thinking about a Cave Diving Certification.

Barb, you are even more beautiful than your pictures. It was a pleasure to meet you!!

Rob, thanks for taking the newbie on the tour of the Crusher House and not being annoyed with the fact that she had no idea what she was supposed to do!

Gary, thanks for letting me "slice through the water" with you. Can't wait for the video.

Steve, thanks for letting me go even more vintage with the use of your gear. And, for the nice parting gift.

Freddo, thanks for being the perfect host. And, a perfect gentleman, while guarding my bathroom!

Can't wait for the next opportunity to dive with the Vintage group. What an amazing weekend with my very new friends!!

Your Vintage ScubaLady
Vintage Diving...the fun never gets old.

Skin Diver
Diver

Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:38 pm

Perfect hosts, fantastic dive site and some of the best camaraderie and friendship imaginable. The time there went far too quickly yet, not as quick as Scuba Lady's slicing through the water! It may actually be necessary to slow down the video for her to be visible! She's a sprinter for sure and it's certain she's hooked on vintage gear diving. I say, welcome aboard! Thanks to one and all for providing many wonderful memories. Hope to start work on all the videos taken this year and I'm looking forward to diving Martha's Quarry again next year.

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:35 am

I only took 4 photos, I wish I would have taken more. :(
ImageImageImageImageImage[/img]

8dust
Master Diver

Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:51 pm

nice photos Barb, esp. the stealth chicken.
Freddo
NAVED member #201

ivan's mermaid
Master Diver

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 am

I wish I'd have taken more. If I can figure out how to upload my video I'll try to send that.
Okay Gary Reece, now it's up to you to get your pictures added, they have to be better then mine. :)

Return to “Vintage Dive Trips or Gatherings”