Wetsuit
Diver
First Name: Dave

Thanks and questions

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:39 pm

Thanks Bryan,

Just received the DA Aquamaster build your own kit and have already started pulling it apart, looking forward to the project. I plan to be around with many many questions over the next few weeks.

Such as the duckbill, do i need to glue it to the inside of the horn or is folding the material back over the horn enough?

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Herman
VDH Moderator

Re: Thanks and questions

Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:48 am

Welcome to the board and DH diving.

The duckbill does not have to be glued in, it is inserted into the horn until the flat section is centered in the can and laying flat, then the round end is folded back onto the horn. The hoses hold it in place.
That said some of us (myself included) like to put a SMALL drop of silicone rubber in the center of the can to tack the back side of the duckbill in place. It was not done originally nor is it necessary but it does hold the duckbill in place. If you don't, make sure the duckbill does not fold over on itself as you put the cans together. The silicone DB is soft and will fold on itself. It will not function well folded and if you are using the C clips, it can be a pain since you will have to remove them to straighten it out.
Herman

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”