ghettodiver
First Name: Doug

New to board and DH, with goodies

Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:31 pm

New guy to board here, so hi.
I have of OCD when it comes to regulators and play with old and new [single hose]. I have looked at DH regs in the past, but for me, found I would have to change my modern gear to delve into it and passed on the idea.
Moving along in time to now, I am pairing a set of LP72's with a Selpac double yoke manifold for other reasons, and the light bulb went off, well bro, now you can.
I picked up a Nemrod Snark III Silver. It is in great shape thankfully. Yeah, I know, probably not the best one to start off with, but this thing called me, so I had to buy it.
I service my own equipment already like most of you here, so not too afraid to tackle a project. The biggest challenge is going to be attaching a gauge to set IP. I am working on that between Mcmaster and the shop at work.
Proof of life:
Since been cleaned and the rubber is looks almost new. No real idea on date of mfg, but I would think that it pre-dates the models with HP and LP port, so early 70's?

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: New to board and DH, with goodies

Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:09 pm

Welcome to the board. There are many fine folks here that can give advice on your Snark. Unfortunately. I am not one of them as I have zero experience with that manufacturer. That said, I see you are in Florida. Plan a trip and come up to Silver Springs this March 4-5 and check out the Sea Hunt Forever divers as they put on a show for the glass bottom boats at Silver Springs Park. You will see all sorts of classic dive gear of the type actually used by Lloyd Bridges in Sea Hunt during its 1958-1961 TV run. Pass the word to your friends. Mark.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

ghettodiver
First Name: Doug

Re: New to board and DH, with goodies

Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:09 pm

Thanks for the welcome.
Might be able to make the trip up there-- hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it. My kid is up in Gainesville, so maybe it's a win.

Update on the Snark: with a little help from McMaster, I was able to make up a gauge to set IP, so all is good at the moment.
Sea trials this weekend.

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”