TomcatPC
Skin Diver
First Name: Mark

Just saying hello.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:04 pm

Hello
I tried to join this forum last year after meeting a few of you at the Vintage Dive Event in White Star Quarry in Gibsonburg, OH. I had a difficult joining, so I tried again couple nights back and found out I had been registered already...
Anyway, my name is Mark, I'm living in Toledo, Ohio for right now. I'm a newer diver having got my OWC two years ago. I already had getting into vintage diving before I started (did not tell my instructor that at first...) in diving.
That's about all for now, hope to meet some more of you down the road. I'm a member of another vintage diving forum as well, so I might be familiar with some of you already.
Thanks
Mark

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: Just saying hello.

Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:37 pm

Welcome aboard Mark! I see your in Ohio which for some reason seems to be the hot bed of Vintage diving. Be careful. This is a disease after all. There is no such thing as owning one double hose regulator! Lol

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:45 pm

From one Mark to another Mark - welcome! You will find a lot of good people here with lots of knowledge about all things vintage diving related.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

TomcatPC
Skin Diver

Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:04 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I've only got one double hose reg so far, it's a late 50's/early 60 US Divers Mistral that I totally love! Just took it out for a short shallow dip in White Star Quarry last night. Get all sort of looks LOL!!! I don't care. I do hope to find more as time goes by, but need to find a good job and get the cash flowing...in due time. I'd love to find a US Divers "Jet Air" or Healthways "Gold Label" SCUBA for some reason, so yes I guess the things do grow on you.

Right now...I'm finding cheap, but decent older single hose regs., like US Divers Calypso-J that I found at a local shop for cheap, a Conshelf XI (not sure if it is vintage, think it is circa 1970-1971?, actually my age) and my latest a Healthways Scuba Star.

Anyway, see how things go along, Hoping to dive my Mistral and Calypso-J this coming weekend.
Mark

Superlite
Master Diver
First Name: Andrew

Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:57 pm

TomcatPC wrote:Hello
I tried to join this forum last year after meeting a few of you at the Vintage Dive Event in White Star Quarry in Gibsonburg, OH. I had a difficult joining, so I tried again couple nights back and found out I had been registered already...
Anyway, my name is Mark, I'm living in Toledo, Ohio for right now. I'm a newer diver having got my OWC two years ago. I already had getting into vintage diving before I started (did not tell my instructor that at first...) in diving.
That's about all for now, hope to meet some more of you down the road. I'm a member of another vintage diving forum as well, so I might be familiar with some of you already.
Thanks
Mark
Welcome to the family. You will enjoy the technical information and most likely meet quite a few Vintage Effectionado's that cavort with the creatures of the deep. Everyone has a love for diving and the comradery of using vintage gear.

captain
Plank Owner

Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:50 pm

Welcome!
Captain

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:03 pm

Hi Mark,
Glad you didn't give up. Dive right in to provide or receive information, photos of your vintage stuff, etc.
The older I get the better I was.

8dust
Master Diver

Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:34 pm

Welcome aboard, Mark. Glad you got all straightened out.
Freddo
NAVED member #201

TomcatPC
Skin Diver

Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:51 pm

Thanks again. I really don't have that much to share, but as times goes on I hope to change that. Got to dive my US Divers Calypso-J and Mistral last Saturday so I'm stoked!
Mark

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:30 am

YES, YES!!!!! One more Double Hosiac added to our ranks!! Welcome to the Forum!!!! :mrgreen:
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

TomcatPC
Skin Diver

Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:35 pm

Yep, really beginning to love diving my Mistral!
Mark

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:13 pm

Welcome to the board Mark. Don't worry about not having a lot to share on the forums. I have learned SO much from everyone and have found that many of my questions were answered by using the search function. I'm still in the "user" vintage scuba catagory and was happy to let Bryan do the rebuilds on my double hoses. One day when I have the time (and grow up :lol: ) I will take on a rebuild project. I love seeing the work that the talented folks post on the forum. There are a lot of great divers in Ohio so I'm sure you will be able to connect with other addicts...err vintage scuba enthusiast's. Mike
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

Return to “New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum”