Tank Pressure

This forum is a discussion place where no question is too small, and people will make sure to respond in a friendly and "flame free" fashion. Please also feel free to use the search feature.
Wetsuit

Tank Pressure

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:06 pm

Hello,
So I'am really new to the world of DH diving and have a question about tank pressures and there effect on DH regulator.

I'am planning on picking up a Phoenix DA Aqua Master, but want to know if my steel 120's are going to be to high a pressure for the regulator to handle. And if I should start looking for smaller tanks.

Thanks,

Bryan
Plank Owner

Re: Tank Pressure

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:22 pm

The Phoenix has a 232 bar (approx 3500psi) yoke. Unless you are doing double disc Florida cave fills you are fine. Industry recommendation is to use DIN when going higher than 3500psi.
The Phoenix first stage was designed to be compatible and used with all modern open circuit SCUBA equipment.

Some other great information can be found HERE
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Wetsuit

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:53 pm

Great, Thanks so much

2THDIVR
Vintage Diver

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:06 pm

I use my Phoenixes (plural of Phoenix???) and Kraken on 3500 psi tanks 90% of the dives
Propably have over 100 dives on the Kraken and 300 + on the Phoenixes
never a problem, regs perform great
I have some of the early Dive Rite manifolds for the high pressure tanks that are 200 bar
broken down for singles
so I don't use Din

Scott

Return to New Vintage Equipment Diver's Forum