CHEAP STEEL RED TANKS FOR SALE

Pre 1975 equipment only please.. NO E-Bay

Moderator: 1969ivan1

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Re: CHEAP STEEL RED TANKS FOR SALE

Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:09 am

Aquala1 wrote:
1969ivan1 wrote:Less than 25 dollars each tank using fed ex ground.

I'll take them. Now you guys have to help me find a manifold and a set of bands.

Saw a 1/2 inch Sportsways tapered manifold on eBay. I have no experience with bushings, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these would fit. Mark.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/302279635611

Aquala1
Diver

Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:14 pm

simonbeans wrote:Bands are easy. http://www.vintagescubastuff.com

Thanks Simon, those look good. Were '50s/early '60s vintage bands also made of stainless, or were they just galvanized steel? Hopefully these will pass hydro, and I want them to be as period correct as possible.

Ivan, is there an original hydro date?

1969ivan1
Plank Owner

Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:08 pm

contact me through 1969ivan1@gmail.com and we will make it happen.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:29 am

So far I have not been able to make a connection with Aquala1 to finish up the tank sale so they are still in play if anyone else wants these cheap tanks please email me. I am really surprised that it is so hard to sell two tanks this cheap?

antique diver
Master Diver

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:40 am

1969ivan1 wrote:So far I have not been able to make a connection with Aquala1 to finish up the tank sale so they are still in play if anyone else wants these cheap tanks please email me. I am really surprised that it is so hard to sell two tanks this cheap?

It's probably due to the shipping costs. I had a hard time GIVING AWAY my stash of 38's!

Aquala1
Diver

Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:21 am

I'm not sure why. I sent an email from my Aquala.com address, as well as a private message here through the forum. Here's a screen shot of that email. It was sent on Sunday.

Aquala1
Diver

Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:19 pm

I also just sent you another PM through the forum.

Aquala1
Diver

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:32 am

ScubaLawyer wrote:
Aquala1 wrote:
1969ivan1 wrote:Less than 25 dollars each tank using fed ex ground.

I'll take them. Now you guys have to help me find a manifold and a set of bands.

Saw a 1/2 inch Sportsways tapered manifold on eBay. I have no experience with bushings, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe these would fit. Mark.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/302279635611

Mark, thanks for the heads up on that manifold. I wasn't around when the auction expired, but I contacted the seller and he sold it to me anyway. Come to find out, the seller is a guy I knew from when I was really involved with the Historical Diving Society. Hopefully I can close this deal with Ivan and make up a great set of vintage doubles.

simonbeans
VDH Moderator

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:06 am

Aquala1 wrote:
simonbeans wrote:Bands are easy. http://www.vintagescubastuff.com

Thanks Simon, those look good. Were '50s/early '60s vintage bands also made of stainless, or were they just galvanized steel? Hopefully these will pass hydro, and I want them to be as period correct as possible.

Many of the original bands were galvanized, and later ones were coated with some black "plastic". When we started making reproduction bands (original galvanized are VERY rare), stainless was the easiest and least expensive way to go. Peanut King made a bunch, but each batch become more and more expensive. When I started making them, about 5 years after Peanut King ceased, I thought about the galvanized approach. Using a pre-galvanized sheet to cut them from is not the issue, but re-galvanizing the bands to cover the slots and edges was. My bands are nice, look great and work perfectly for 6.9" diameter tanks. And, I believe, very affordable. I have "non-vintage" divers use them for tech staging. If you find a set of original galvanized double bands, you will be very fortunate.
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

Aquala1
Diver

Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:00 am

Simon, all of that sounds good. I'll place an order as soon as I close this deal on the tanks.

Previous
Return to Vintage Only...Buy, Sell, Trade, Wanted