ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Trivia question.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:44 pm

Ok, the old timers will figure this one out pretty quickly but let's see if any of the folks newer to DH get it. No prize, just admiration.

Went to go for a dive. My equipment consisted of my trusty 1958 Mistral regulator, no B.C., a weight belt, mask, fins and my drysuit with push-button inflator. Went to jump off the boat but my dry suit would not inflate. WHY WOULDN'T IT INFLATE? Mark.

P.S. Yes, I do realize this calls my skill and knowledge as a diver into question but that is nothing new. :D
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Re: Trivia question.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:15 pm

Really? I plugged a lamp into a big oak tree and it didn't light. Drat!!!
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:17 pm

what was the DS connected to? (I believe qualify as a youngster, I'm <50, and started diving in 1988)
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:38 pm

rhwestfall wrote:what was the DS connected to?
I can tell you there was an inflator hose connected to the inlet valve on the drysuit. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

simonbeans
VDH Moderator

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:47 pm

Does interstate 95 go N or S?

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:48 pm

I took my DivAir Model C down to 140 feet in Fortune Pond with essentially the same set up...... plus one tiny addition. Lol

uwstlth
Master Diver
First Name: kevin

Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:54 pm

Tank valve was closed... :shock:

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:01 pm

uwstlth wrote:Tank valve was closed... :shock:
Nope. Tank valve was on and regulator breathed beautifully.

MR. KLAUDA and MR. BACH - Please take your seats at the back of the classroom and write 1000 times, "I will not F-up Mark's trivia question and give away the answer." :D (Actually, your comments only add to the intrigue.) 8)

simonbeans
VDH Moderator

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:57 pm

To keep this thread alive:

Do the newbies know little about vintage dive gear? I would hope that the beginning of this double hose concept would instill a little more interest of the past in the new wannabes.

tatahey44
First Name: Brian

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:15 pm

Lp hose connected to suit, but not to reg.

rhwestfall
Master Diver

Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:38 pm

one would possibly need a small horse to successfully accomplish such a feat....
Bob

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:14 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:Ok, the old timers will figure this one out pretty quickly but let's see if any of the folks newer to DH get it. No prize, just admiration.

Went to go for a dive. My equipment consisted of my trusty 1958 Mistral regulator, no B.C., a weight belt, mask, fins and my drysuit with push-button inflator. Went to jump off the boat but my dry suit would not inflate. WHY WOULDN'T IT INFLATE? Mark.

P.S. Yes, I do realize this calls my skill and knowledge as a diver into question but that is nothing new. :D
Because you didn't actually push the button.... 8)
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:20 pm

rhwestfall wrote:one would possibly need a small horse to successfully accomplish such a feat....
I have no idea what that means but I am sure it is profound. :D

tatahey44 is correct. The drysuit inflator hose was not connected to the regulator. However, aside from the fact I obviously forgot to even check it, there is a much more basic reason why my regulator would not inflate a drysuit even though I had an inflator hose. Keep thinking!

And yes, Alan, with my post I am trying to get newbies to DH diving to learn about our past.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:27 pm

[/quote]Because you didn't actually push the button.... 8)[/quote]

Buttons? You want me to push buttons? I don't push no buttons. I got buttons to push but nobody gonna make me push 'em until I'm good and ready to push 'em. I'll push your buttons - how 'bout that? I got lots of people's buttons I can push.... Wait, where's my coffee... Ok, that's better. Now what was I saying?

rhwestfall
Master Diver

Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Do I really have to spell it out? :shock:
Bob

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”