ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Trivia question.

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:10 pm

Bryan wrote:Me in a SAS/Z90 drysuit helping a student into the same ...83 I think
Those neck seals were the S&M connection to the diving world. Is that a Zeagle l spy on your back?
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:43 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
Bryan wrote:Me in a SAS/Z90 drysuit helping a student into the same ...83 I think
Those neck seals were the S&M connection to the diving world. Is that a Zeagle l spy on your back?
No way....SAS/Z90 made a back inflate BCD very similar to the Zeagle Ranger more than a decade earlier. I used it till wore out and didn't get another one before they stopped making them. The first version had a box on it that could use hard weights but it sucked. The one I'm wearing had pockets for trim weights but was still designed to be used with a weight belt.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:07 pm

Bryan wrote:
ScubaLawyer wrote:
No way....SAS/Z90 made a back inflate BCD very similar to the Zeagle Ranger more than a decade earlier. I used it till wore out and didn't get another one before they stopped making them. The first version had a box on it that could use hard weights but it sucked. The one I'm wearing had pockets for trim weights but was still designed to be used with a weight belt.
Yea, I bought a Zeagle Ranger when they first came out from Charlie Johnson who had a NASDS shop in South Laguna called Adventures in Diving (as I recall). I used it a few times for beach dives. Immediately took it back for a refund. The damn thing slid my tank all over my back no matter how well it was adjusted.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”