tall78
Diver
First Name: Louis

VDH Backplate Wing Assembly

Wed May 18, 2016 2:08 am

Hi everyone, I purchase a VDH backplate & wing. My problem is I think I have not installed the inflator hodse assembly peoperly. Does anyone have any pictures of how to do this right?? I haave extra parts that I don't know where they belong. Sorry, but this is my first attempt at setting up a wing and I am cautious. HELP PLEASE!!!!!

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: VDH Backplate Wing Assembly

Wed May 18, 2016 2:24 am

Can you post a photo of how you have assembled it? Also the parts you have left over. From that people can point you in the right direction. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: VDH Backplate Wing Assembly

Wed May 18, 2016 8:59 am

The XS Scuba 30lb wing you purchased last year has a hose assembly that attaches like the majority have for many years.
20160518_083441.jpg
The female outlet on the bladder has square cuts all the way around the perimeter of the opening.
20160518_083647.jpg
The male end of the bcd hose has square cuts all the way around the perimeter of the hose as well. These mate squarely with the cuts in the female outlet. These allow you to adjust the angle of the hose and to keep it secure when you tighten it down. You may need to loosen the nut turn the hose one way or the other to get the alignment of the hose that is most comfortable for you as it comes over your shoulder.
20160518_083638.jpg
To assemble......put the gasket in the female outlet......carefully start threading the outer nut of the male connector onto the female outlet connector. Gently push down on the hose as you tighten the nut and you will feel the square cuts in the male and female outlets align. Continue to tighten down the outer nut until it is hand tight. The nut on this hose nut is easy to grip and should be hand tightened only. Do not use wrenches or pliars or you will damage it.
20160518_083454.jpg
20160518_083512.jpg
When the outlet nut is hand tight, inflate the bladder and check the alignment of the hose as it goes over your shoulder.....If adjustment of the angle is needed, deflate the bladder, loosen the outlet nut all the way, rotate the outlet and tighten again as you did the first time. It may take some trial and error to get it exactly the way you want it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”