Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

A Mistral, a Bernie and two Mentors

Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Bernie sent this to me so I thought I'd share. It's a photo from an HDS article from several years ago. Sorry but I can't track down the exact issue. Link is to a nice article by Kent Rockwell (rip) from 2003 Buddy Line. Very Interesting!

http://www.uwss.org/PDF/November_2003.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Re: A Mistral, a Bernie and two Mentors

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:17 pm

Great photo and interesting article on the Mentor. Interesting how much more compact the Kraken is compared to the Mentor, I bet it is a heavy chunk. Surprised about the exhalation effort being unacceptable and tiring. The position of the exhaust on a twin hose usually allows some forgiveness in this respect. Anyways, interesting. Thanks.

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:32 am

Really neat article! I'll take my Kracken or Phoenix any day though. The Navy went for the metal body for durability in class because of "Knuckle Head" students banging and God forbid, dropping their rigs. A lot of abuse in any military training schools with regards to equipment. I am surprised that the Navy hasn't smarted up and come to VDH for a far more cost effective, proven and home grown US solution for the future. After all, it's our tax dollars. But then again, "If you build it, they will come." Hopefully.
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:02 pm

Bronze06 wrote: I am surprised that the Navy hasn't smarted up and come to VDH for a far more cost effective, proven and home grown US solution for the future. After all, it's our tax dollars. But then again, "If you build it, they will come." Hopefully.
There is more than one Argonaut in the hands of SOCOM guys. But I cannot confirm they are for anything other than personal use :wink:
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”