gj1963
Master Diver
First Name: Geoff

Re-Bodying A Phoenix

Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:23 pm

I started out my first phoenix on a rough DA a few years ago. I put together another phoenix I ended up using more. Then got my Argonaut. This one kinda sat. Anyway I went looking for a DA for another project that I have in the back of my mind. What I ended up with was a early one with no hookah port. I decided to re-body the phoenix onto this one without the hookah port. I moved all the goodies - HPR, DBE etc on it over...
That left the original reg a bit sad. So it got setup with a cyclone and HPR, and will get fully completed at a later date. Anyway - the first phoenix got fully re-assembled on the early DA. The label was a bit gross - so it got a new one, along with a new crown sticker and a set of thumbscrews for the hose clamps. Should see water this next weekend.
Original:
All finished:

-Geoff

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: Re-Bodying A Phoenix

Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:39 pm

The original label was just fine. My double hoser's need not be perfect when I dive them. I usually add character when I do!

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:16 am

Lots of options for the DA's these days. Not that long ago you couldn't even get the parts to service one properly :)
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Superlite
Master Diver
First Name: Andrew

Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:35 am

The more the folks in double hose land come up with great changes for the double hose the more it will come back in the noticeable equipment for divers to enjoy. I enjoy my (DA, PRAM, and Kraken) for all my diving. Bryan just did a great job bringing my DA into the 21st century by installing all the updates. Glad we still have someone (or additional people) that dive and rebuild double hose rigs. :D
Keep up those re-builds and keep the information coming. :)

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”