stephenws
Skin Diver
First Name: Stephen

DH Regulator Bag

Mon May 12, 2014 8:16 pm

Is there a favored or favorite regulator bag that will accommodate a DH reg with octopus, gauge, etc?

I just ordered the Aqualung Legend bag, but am open to any other recommendations.

Thanks.

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Re: DH Regulator Bag

Tue May 13, 2014 7:19 am

I use a military helmet bag to carry mine. It fits a double hose, all its ancillary equipment, a mask, and a pressure checker in it. Here's a reference link:

http://www.militaryuniformsupply.com/pi ... fgodtBgA7A

I am probably a refusenik, but I don't like buying diving related soft good, because they are overpriced. If a bag is good enough for Goose's helmet, then it is good enough for my mistral :)
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

stephenws
Skin Diver

Tue May 13, 2014 4:59 pm

Thanks, I'll get one of those helmet bags on order.

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Thu May 15, 2014 8:10 am

Ditto on the helmet bag. I still have my original helmet bag that I was issued 26 years ago in flight school. :shock:

Finally, don't forget to purchase one of Bryan's Regulator Koozies. They'll protect the finish of your double hose regulator while it's in your helmet bag. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

stephenws
Skin Diver

Thu May 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Yes, I'm waiting for the koozies to be back in stock. Will order when they arrive.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:34 pm

I have been using a small Nike gym bag. It hold my regulator complete with octopus and spg and room for a computer or gauges as suits one's fancy. The bag is padded and has a zip pocket on the side for spare bits and pieces to be stashed.

Nem

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:31 am

Though a military CVC bag or flight helmet bag is fine for local travel, I suggest using a hard case for international travel such as the 21in. x 12in. x 8in. approx. by Pelican for your regulators, regardless if they are DH or SH. The Chinese make a really good knock-off at a fraction of the price. The company name is Mejiia I believe. The bottom line is if you have lovingly restored a DH reg. or purchased a Kraken do you really want to transport it in a cloth bag even if it is "padded"? CVC bags (Combat Vehicle Crewman)are padded but not enough for real safety for your DH regulator as far as I'm concerned. When in doubt, hard case it.
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”