stephenws
Skin Diver
First Name: Stephen

DUI Drysuit

Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:05 am

I'm considering getting a DUI FLX 50/50 for Great Lakes wreck diving. Does anyone have experience with this suit? Any thoughts or things I should consider?

Thanks,
Steve

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: DUI Drysuit

Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:35 am

I don't have experience with that particular suit, but I've been diving a DUI CF 200 since 2008 and was issued a TLS 350 SAR suit last spring. I'm very happy with the performance of the suits and DUI's customer service. Bite the bullet and get zip seals from the word go. I've been using their zip gloves and like them because there is no big lump around your wrists from the dry glove mounting system. You'll also want the Kevlar knee pads because of all the zebra mussels. In the photo I'm wearing my CF200 diving Port Washingtons harbor on a January day. The water temp was just above freezing. Air temp in the 20's. That suit still had the Viking pull over glove system at the time, but it has since gotten zip gloves like my department suit.

Jim

kworkman
Master Diver
First Name: Keith

Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:45 am

Add a pee valve. Haha. Totally worth it. I bought the FLX Extreme and its great. Kevlar knee pads are a must.

crimediver
Master Diver

Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:39 pm

I once flew from NY to England without peeing. And it was not on a Concord. Not sure if I set some king of a record but the first thing I did when I got to Heathrow was take a brisk walk to the men's room. I never worry about needing to go when diving dry. I just don't feel the need to have a p-valve but others find it a must. Its like my dad said when we would go on a trip "Go pump the bilges now cause I ain't stopping till we get there!"

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:18 pm

Your Dad and mine had something in common. My Grand parents lived in Winter Haven Florida. It was a 30 hour trip in the old station wagon. Myself and my four siblings were stacked like cord wood in the back. We stopped only for gas or if Dad ran out of Pall Mall's. :lol: :lol:

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”