9fingers
Diver
First Name: Tim

Re: Faber 50s

Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:54 am

The Nemrod solid bar manifolds are pretty cool as well- this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-Nemrod-3-4- ... 1c35859a7e

has both the center manifold port and another on the right post (diver's right when worn). Either the center port or the right post port can be shut down-and my understanding is that the gas from both tanks will be available at all times to either port even if the other port is shut off…it is not an isolation manifold like most available today-but I think that is fine for non-tech divers in most recreational diving situations (guessing that is most of us/most of the time here). This or the two-port Sherwood Selpac allows a redundant single-hose reg mounted on the second port…especially a vintage :wink: single hose reg.

Cheers, Tim

simonbeans
VDH Moderator
First Name: Allan

Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:11 am

simonbeans wrote:You can still get these, well, sort of. These are Catalina 45s, with USD manifold, and harness and bands.
Tanks are available, as is the manifold and harness, but bands are not so much. You might be able to get a set of bands somewhere, unfortunately, they are not currently available. Maybe someday.

Now this set might be for sale. PM and we can talk if interested.
Well, they were "sold", but there was a change in plans of the buyer so they are again available.
Will have new hydro, viz, harness can be as is or one made to fit you. If interested, PM
Check out my website: www.vintagescubastuff.com

Master Diver
First Name: Kim

Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:31 am

I dive a set of Faber 75s (9Lt) with a Sportsway's manifold. It works for me. 8)
Kim,
Ocean Trekker, Dangerous When Wet.
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men" Douglas Barder.

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”