BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Hooka port adapter question

Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm interested in running two LP hoses from the hooka port on my DAAM. I have a Conshelf to use as an octo and also want to be able to have a LP hose for a BC (future VDH backpack or my horsecollar). What is the best type of adapter to use? I already have a hooka port adapter and can run a single LP but it shoots almost straight up before it bends around. I need to run a T-adapter from the can. I see plenty of adapters on the market so I figured that I would submit this questions to the seemingly unlimited knowledge :D of this forum. Thank you in advance for the suggestions and/or creative solutions. Mike
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Re: Hooka port adapter question

Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:29 pm

I have two 3-port splitters- one purchased new at my LDS while the other (Dacor) was included in a bunch of vintage regs I bought. I prefer the older Dacor splitter as the center section swivels about on the long axis. This is better than the static splitter, as the possibility exists that one of the lp ports might end up facing the can when screwing it onto the hookah adaptor and render it unusable.

Of course later on I purchased a couple of Phoenix nozzles...

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:55 pm

I think that Bryan can get them for you.

However, if he cannot, I just happen to have NIB vintage Dacor three way swivel Tees. I cannot give them away since I paid for them along with a "lot" of vintage gear and my wife has already fussed at me (several times).

James

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:20 pm

I have wanted to carry them for a long time but the price is OUTRAGEOUS. The original DACOR swivel is about as good as it gets so grab it up if Nemrod will part with it. I'll keep my eyes out for an affordable swivel.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:37 am

The ones I have are from the 70s and a few have a sticker on them for 15 dollars. So, converted from 1975 dollars to 2013 dollars that is 64 dollars. :shock: But, I can do better than that :wink: .

So, in 1979 when we got married we bought a Grumman American Tiger, 25,000 dollars, now that airplane would cost 350,000 dollars. We bought a vacuum from Wards, it cost 254.99, I still have the receipt, now you can get one at Wall Mart for 50 dollars. We bought a Honda C550 Deluxe, 3,500 dollars, in Bartlesville, Oklahoma, a similar bike would run about 6,500 dollars. We bought a Sony 15 inch color TV and it costs 750 dollars, for that you can get a 50 inch LCD flat screen. It is weird huh?

But if you wanted to be vintage correct, that would be 64.00 dollars, USA :mrgreen: Oh, and I will toss in the shipping :lol: . Ha, ha.

James

BigMike
Master Diver

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:17 am

I would love to buy it for $15 plus shipping. That would be awesome! :D
Since you brought up the late 70's, my kids used to ask how big the CD tray was when they saw my albums. Ahhh, the good ole days when gas was $.55 a gallon.

BigMike
Master Diver

Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:23 am

Nemrod wrote:I think that Bryan can get them for you.

However, if he cannot, I just happen to have NIB vintage Dacor three way swivel Tees. I cannot give them away since I paid for them along with a "lot" of vintage gear and my wife has already fussed at me (several times).

James
My wife doesn't get my "vintage" interest at all.. She thinks all SCUBA gear is the same so I got fussed at when I bought my second double hose reg (she doesn't know about the third one yet - thanks Herman).

Nemrod
VDH Moderator

Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Well Big Mike, you will need to pm me an address so I can figure the post and then Paypal me that amount. Exchange email addresses etc.

James

jonj970
First Name: jon

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:19 pm

Hello Nemrod, Do you know where I could find another one of those Dacor swivel T's?
"frogman overboard"

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:27 pm

jonj970 wrote:Hello Nemrod, Do you know where I could find another one of those Dacor swivel T's?
"frogman overboard"
Same thing with an updated finish

http://vintagedoublehose.com/index.php? ... d=30859198
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

jonj970
First Name: jon

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks Bryan, Will I need the hookah port adapter to utilize this T?

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:52 pm

jonj970 wrote:Thanks Bryan, Will I need the hookah port adapter to utilize this T?
Yes.....The hookah port adaptor changes it from B-Oxygen to 3/8" female.

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”