bbain
Vintage Diver

Whatever happened to .....

Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:10 pm

The project to make a DH mouthpiece with a shutoff valve? Just curious . . . .

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Re: Whatever happened to .....

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:58 am

It is problematic to make one that is both sleek and light and easy to manufacture, I am sure. I am not sure if the Boss and the other suspect are doing anything. I cobbled together a contraption from various parts three years ago. Thing is that the simple mouthpiece plug works about as well. Y'all of course know that Luis took a straight mouthpiece and made a cutoff mouthpiece by slicing it so that it can rotate closed. But, most of us seem to much prefer the curved and hourglass types. I know I do because the straight hurts my front teeth implants worse than those dang single hose jobs do.

I think there are some plugs in the vdh store? I would look but every time I go in there I have to buy something, I already know I need the envio-silicone for my Conshelf Supreme. :lol: Loop the plug to your left shoulder D ring or some place like that.

Merry Christmas,
Nem

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:47 am

I get a lot of E-mail about this ....Here is a reply that pretty well sums it up.

I'm still waiting for your new DSV. I'm tired of one of my friends saying that my rebreather homemade pvc DSV looks like the valve on his water well, and that he didn't know Tractor Supply sold dive gear in the plumbing section. Please help!

I had to put this one on the back burner for a bit.....I'm trying to get the $$$$ to produced the new regulator so the R&D money to make the new DSV mouthpiece right is just not there at the moment. I will get it made but I just don't know how soon..
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:15 am

I guess it's something to look forward to for the coming year. 2012 was great as it brought with it the VDH backplate, the HPR, and the hyperflex diaphragm - each item boasting noticeable changes in ease of WOB by themselves, but when packaged together - WOW!

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:58 am

The DSV is going to be a choice add on. It will be worth the wait. :wink:

bbain
Vintage Diver

Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:51 pm

Bryan wrote:I get a lot of E-mail about this ....Here is a reply that pretty well sums it up.
Not a problem. I have the "plug" and it works fine. I was just curious since talk of the DSV had gone radio silent for a while. A new regulator will be awesome.

Merry Xmas (or Happy Holidays, as may be your preference) to all!

Douchebag
Master Diver

Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:47 am

I've been using mine for a few years now...works great. It's evolved a bit but I love it.

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”