Sharkinabus
Diver

Phoenix and Suunto D6

Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:33 am

I love the simplicity of my stock DA Aquamaster, though generally dive a Phoenix to satisfy my buddy and dive operators in regards to safe-second, spg and BCD.

I recently received a Suunto D6 and transmitter as part of a sponsorship and thought I'd try the transmitter on the Phoenix to eliminate the SPG hose.

It worked great, the HP adapter seems to stand it off enough to get a good signal and there was enough room between the HP port and can to accommodate the transmitter.

I'll have to dive it more to make up my mind but if you are interested in a wireless transmitter in place of an SPG on a Phoenix this could be a good option.

Anyone else have experience with wireless transmitters on a Phoenix?

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Phoenix and Suunto D6

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:17 am

I've been using a wireless transmitter on a banjo fitting and or Phoenix equipped regulator for the past 5 or 6 years. Wireless transmitters don't know one regulator from the other.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

bbain
Vintage Diver

Re: Phoenix and Suunto D6

Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:54 pm

I've been using an Aeris Elite for a couple of years on a Phoenix, and I have noticed that it does seem to lose the signal more often than when it's on my Conshelf. Perhaps the signal is somewhat blocked by the cans? No big deal, just put my hand behind my head and the signal is picked right back up, but it can be a bit unnerving.

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”