Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Re: Pegasus

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:12 am

gj1963 wrote:Very neat project and a great looking regulator. Are those labels available for purchase or just one-offs?

This limited batch should be winging its way to Allan as soon as its brethren are done.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue May 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Herman wrote:Here is my buddy Henry's (hallen41) Pegasus. I originally did it in blue but he already had green hoses available so we changed the cans to green. It's differnet but I like it.
- Wow... I haven't seen a completed FX Cans project in the all green configuration. I like it!
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

gj1963
Master Diver
First Name: Geoff

Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:02 pm

I have a overhauled Titan II regulator here. I have a Pegasus label. I have a set of FX Trieste cut cans in the mail.... Who/how do I plead to for a second stage to make a Pegasus.... That's the last bit I need for this.

Thanks
-Geoff

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:45 am

At this point there was no intention of making anymore Pegasus second stages, mostly due to liability. The individual (must of you know who he is) who made the few prototypes is not set up as a business like VDH, and therefore he has lot more exposed.

As a designer, I am also concern about the liability exposure, but I have a lot less exposed with this design since it has many similarities to some well established second stages. That may not stop some idiot from suing, but their chances of success based on design are minimal. A smart contingency lawyer would not take the case, but that would not stop an idiot… and it would be expensive just to defend the case.

If you are really interested and he is willing to make more, we may need a signed liability waiver/ business contract. The business contract portions of the waiver establishes that if anyone tries to sue, based on these units, that you or your estate is responsible for all legal cost. We will have to talk about it.

It really bothers me that it comes down to this issue again, but that is the reality of our society.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:17 am

I have spent more $$ defending VDH over a sticker than it cost to make the DBE mold.
We are surrounded by a sea of people with zero personal responsibility that can't wait to blame someone else and get a meal ticket. I would never again put myself or my family at financial risk the way I foolishly did when VDH 1st started.
We are on the horizon of some big changes in the double hose world and Luis and I are working on re-structuring how we work together so we can cover our asses and still produce great products :)
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

Creed
Master Diver

Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:15 am

Is there any real demand for another run of 2nd stages? I'll talk to my lawyer about liability, but I can't justify it for just a few parts. Plus, I only worked on the assembly. I don't have a source for the rest of the parts(lever, poppet, Rob's specially cut cases, etc). If there is a real demand, I'll talk to my machine shop about prices, but there are a lot of pieces to this puzzle that would have to fall in place to make this happen.
"Haul the sheet in as we ride on the wind that our
forefathers harnessed before us
Hear the bells ring as the tide rigging sings.
It's a son of a gun of a chorus" - Jimmy Buffet

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:35 am

Creed wrote:Is there any real demand for another run of 2nd stages? I'll talk to my lawyer about liability, but I can't justify it for just a few parts. Plus, I only worked on the assembly. I don't have a source for the rest of the parts(lever, poppet, Rob's specially cut cases, etc). If there is a real demand, I'll talk to my machine shop about prices, but there are a lot of pieces to this puzzle that would have to fall in place to make this happen.
Hi Creed,

The second stage body that you had made was not the final second stage used in the Pegasus. I made several design changes. In particular the venturi flow, but also the lever interface dimensions are different.

What may look like small differences, can make a big operational difference. You can ask Herman about venturi flow.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Creed
Master Diver

Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:51 am

luis wrote: Hi Creed,

The second stage body that you had made was not the final second stage used in the Pegasus. I made several design changes. In particular the venturi flow, but also the lever interface dimensions are different.

What may look like small differences, can make a big operational difference. You can ask Herman about venturi flow.
We discussed some of your changes on the phone once. I'd like to see a drawing of the differences. That same machine shop is currently working on another project for me, so I thought I could discuss this with them as well.
"Haul the sheet in as we ride on the wind that our
forefathers harnessed before us
Hear the bells ring as the tide rigging sings.
It's a son of a gun of a chorus" - Jimmy Buffet

gj1963
Master Diver
First Name: Geoff

Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:50 pm

While I am certainly serious about this - I don't want to be a thorn in anyone's side. I certainly understand liability issues as well as this being limited interest etc...

My Trieste can donate it's guts, and that way its perfect cans and label can be protected. And dang I forgot to order a duckbill and still have to find a retaining ring.

-Geoff

Drado
Master Diver
First Name: Eduardo

Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:44 am

Man, those chrome tinnermans rock!

Return to “Modern Era Double Hose Diving”