ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Twin 45's - New rebuild project

Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:55 pm

Finally completed my latest twin rebuild project. The tanks are steel 2250 ScubaPro 45's circa 1975. The manifold is a J-62 dated May, 1960. The manifold was pretty trashed. I cleaned the manifold and valve parts in an ultrasonic cleaner, rebuilt the manifold/valves, replaced a bunch of round sealy-type things and other silly-looking parts, put in new burst discs, and what do you know? The freakin’ thing actually holds air - no leaks! Mark.
Twin 45s (installing burst disks).jpg
Twin 45s 1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Twin 45's - New rebuild project

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:32 pm

When Captain made the manifold for my triples he painted it but I'm not sure with what? Color and finish look really original though..perhaps he will chime in and comment. ..

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:34 pm

Love the tank checker! That's the real deal! :wink:

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:36 pm

swimjim wrote:Love the tank checker! That's the real deal! :wink:
I am vintage in so many ways. 8)

Actually the glass is broken out of it. Any idea how to get that replaced? I'm assuming just go see the local glass guy.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:45 pm

Hey Mark, good to hear that you rebuilt the manifold and it works. Good job. :)

The gauge with no glass is a standard size, and I wouldn't be surprised if a pre-cut glass was available from some place like Grainger or a welding shop.
The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:00 pm

Hi Bill, it's been so long I almost forgot you gave me the gasket I needed to get that manifold working again. Had to use the opaque one as opposed to the black rubber one. Forget the name/part number. All good. Thanks again for your help. Mark.

captain
Plank Owner

Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:35 am

At the auto parts store there are Duplicolor auto touch up paints that are almost a perfect match to the original finish. Just be sure there is no silicone lube or other contaminate on it. Do several light coats.
Captain

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:59 am

captain wrote:At the auto parts store there are Duplicolor auto touch up paints that are almost a perfect match to the original finish. Just be sure there is no silicone lube or other contaminate on it. Do several light coats.
Great! Thanks! Mark

Return to “Tanks and Valves”