Vintagediver
Master Diver

Thinking of Buying A Compressor - Well Maybe??

Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:18 pm

Recently I've come up with this idea that I'm thinking that I'd like to buy a compressor. First of all my knowledge of air compressors for scuba use is absolutely ZERO; so any input will be greatly appreciated. There is a vintage Cornelius (Model #32-R-1500) currently listed on ebay that I'm looking at, and it looks like that "Diamond In The Rough" that could possibly be fun to restore. I've been told that this compressor does take awhile to fill tanks and I'm not sure if I could even fill any of my 3000 psi tanks with it. Neither of these issues are a problem however, and I'd be content with just being able to fill my 2250 psi tanks with it. Any info; suggestions or cautions that any of you have to offer are welcome. Thank You! Terry
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

captain
Plank Owner

Re: Thinking of Buying A Compressor - Well Maybe??

Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:26 am

I bought a compressor in 1969 and I am still using it today. Best investment in scuba I ever made. You might wan to contact Jim Sheldon at.

http://sheldensportinggoods.com/
Captain

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Re: Thinking of Buying A Compressor - Well Maybe??

Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Thanks for your reply Tom; I'll be sure to check out the link that you mentioned.
Terry
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

Return to “Compressor Talk”