Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: RIX SA3E

Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:35 am

swimjim wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:00 pm
Geez Eben, your going to wear that thing out working on it! :lol:
Hi Jim,
- Thanks for noticing. I have to admit to being maybe a little too fixated on perfection of my RIX SA3 compressor. The thing is, I recently figured out a few things that took it right up to full capacity on it's fill rate. The spec says 3.0 cfm and I'm running 2.9-3.1 cfm depending on temp and humidity. That's IT... The goal has been reached. There isn't anything else to do to my RIX but improve on the window dressing.
- There's a RIX expert on another forum that commented on my plumbing... That it was hanging out there too much and might cause damage from vibration. So, THAT's why I'm working on the plumbing. PLUS, I just like working on it I guess. :roll:

P.S. I need to go diving so I can re-fill some tanks with my RIX SA3. Don't forget May 3-4 is Wazee. May 17-18 is Fortune!
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:20 am

Final Plumbing Refinement...
- This puts everything as close as possible to the outport of the moisture condenser. I could have gone vertical with the BPR but I like the way it is with air going up and condensation going down so I have another place to drain from.
- I tried the PTFE thread sealant and not only made a mess of it but it ended up not sealing well. Took everything apart and re-assembled with 6 wraps of tape. No more leaks!
- I filled an AL80 to test it out and everything is working fine... Ready for Summer.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:32 am

It's looking good. You have inspired me to make some changes to my fill system. I'll put up some photos in a new thread soon.
"I get plenty of excercise just pushing my luck!"

Return to “Compressor Talk”