Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Did a Video on the Soviet AVM(ABM)-1M Double Hose complete with Soviet style patriotic photos and music!

Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:48 pm

Hey Folks,

Right up front, I am NOT a COMMIE, but ya gotta respect them for a bunch of stuff back in the day. Did a video on the AVM/ABM-1M Soviet Double Hose with all the bells and whistles incluiding both English and Russian captions. It took two and a halve days to upload from here. Best viewed at 360 or higher,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB-MAvOXJYo :evil: :evil: :evil:
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Vancetp
Master Diver
First Name: Phillip

Re: Did a Video on the Soviet AVM(ABM)-1M Double Hose complete with Soviet style patriotic photos and music!

Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:08 pm

Very cool video, Russ! Thanks for sharing.

Bronze06
Master Diver

Re: Did a Video on the Soviet AVM(ABM)-1M Double Hose complete with Soviet style patriotic photos and music!

Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:30 am

Vancetp wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:08 pm
Very cool video, Russ! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Phil!

I screwed up with some typos and didn't realize that I short sheeted Rob and the Scuba Museum on time display until it was already published....edit and review....edit and review!!!!!
Sorry Rob, I will do better next time.

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Ron
Site Admin
First Name: Ron

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:09 pm

Those Vostok watches are impossible to kill. Bryan got me one for a gift one year. I've dived the snot out of it, never done a lick of maintenance on it, and it still just works.

No quickset date though!
The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed. -JYC

Bronze06
Master Diver

Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 am

Ron wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:09 pm
Those Vostok watches are impossible to kill. Bryan got me one for a gift one year. I've dived the snot out of it, never done a lick of maintenance on it, and it still just works.

No quickset date though!
Ron,

Amen to that date set. Everything else on these watches is built like a T-72 tank and works great, but if you want to set the date you might have to rotate the hour hands 60 times around to get the date or let the thing wind down and trap the date you have on the watch when the day comes during the month. Pain in the butt!

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:50 pm

Wow, that's a heck of a good video production job. I've attempted to do various videos for fun and work and they never come out as good as you have done here. Great subject matter, too. I always thought we were so WAY FAR ahead of the Russians in underwater endeavors. I did not realize they had done undersea habitats, etc.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Bronze06
Master Diver

Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:13 pm

Thanks Man,

The Soviets went all out on so many things. We are just now able to look through the fog of secrecy and see what was really going on back then.

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”