Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Sea Hunt Motels

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:01 am

Sea Hunt Motels...
- At the Sea Hunt Forever show, all of the cast members will be staying at the same motel as was seen in "The Girl In the Trunk" episode. It's still there, remodeled on the inside so its a nice place to stay. But, what a thrill that its not only the motel from that episode but, apparently the cast and crew stayed there alot when shooting scenes at the Silver Springs.
- Well, last weekend I was watching some Sea Hunt episodes and saw the Alligator Story episode. The story takes place around Silver Springs and the scenes include a different motel. Does anybody know if that motel still exists and where it might be if we wanted to drive by for a look-see?
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Sea Hunt Motels

Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:29 am

That certainly looks like a typical Florida motor lodge; however, inside the room on the wall is a picture of a location in California (lone cypress in Monterey) and we have a number of old motels with that architecture in the Beverly Hills area. Probably was filmed in Florida but you never know.... My 2psi.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:35 am

Silver Springs Motel
- Considering some of the scenes in other episodes where Mike is hanging out at a motel swimming pool... I think the episode where Lloyd Bridges son gets stuck in a storm sewer... Starts with Mike Nelson and a pretty girl hanging around a swimming pool at a two story motel. There's a motel down there that is playing up it's classic vintage motel history, the http://www.silverspringsmotel.com/Pages/about.html. (It mentions Sea Hunt)
- It was originall called the Monterey Motel during the Sea Hunt Era. It's not far from where we're going to be staying so I may drive over there and take a look.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:57 pm

That scene was shot at Nassau :evil: :twisted: :mrgreen: :D Beach harbor club its till there and I have dove the wrecks from Sea Hunt Also

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”