Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
stefeyme
Lung Diver
First Name: Stephane

Trademark original diaphragm repairing?

Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Hey there!!

I've just opened my recently arrived trademark and I have found this diaphragm which pretty much looks like the original 1952' part.
IMG_2410.jpg
I have disassembled it removing the rivets, detached the membrana and cleaned up the parts.
IMG_2416.jpg
The membrana seems to be made of tissue recovered by what was once probably rubber like material now completely useless, falling apart and cracked.

I would like to keep the old fashion look and "rebuild" the diaphragm replacing the tissue part,

what do you recommend me to use to replace the tissue membrana getting as close a possible to the original look?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers!!

Stéphane
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Trademark original diaphragm repairing?

Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:26 pm

I may have some samples of prototype diaphragms that did not have the recessed retaining area for the center disc that should work. You would need to be careful installing the rivets but I think it's possible. Please email me if you are interested.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

stefeyme
Lung Diver
First Name: Stephane

Re: Trademark original diaphragm repairing?

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:28 pm

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the diaphragm you sent me, though I wasn't able to use it for that.
Eventually I used an old diaphragm I had, this is how it looks now, it works perfectly well.
Take care,
cheers

Stéphane
IMG_2906.jpg
IMG_2904.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”