Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
DaveMann
Lung Diver
First Name: Dave

Full Face Mask

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:30 pm

I was out scrounging today and found this. Doesn't have a name anywhere on it. Just says Patent Pending and with what looks like an "M" embossed on the inside. Any idea what it is I have found?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

regulatorbj
Skin Diver
First Name: john

Re: Full Face Mask

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:54 pm

Hi davemann
The mask is an "Aquanaught" which is supplied with the complete"Surface Supply System" of the same trade name.

DaveMann
Lung Diver
First Name: Dave

Re: Full Face Mask

Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:07 pm

regulatorbj wrote:Hi davemann
The mask is an "Aquanaught" which is supplied with the complete"Surface Supply System" of the same trade name.
Excellent. Thank you. Your starting point led me to discover that this is an Evinrude Aquanaut (1966 - 1970) mask and as you said is part of a complete system that included a gas engine compressor. Looks like they might have been sold as Johnsons too. I only have the mask, but who knows someone might need an extra one someday and I'll be able to help.

Thanks again.

Dave

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”