Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Hey Buddy!

Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:16 pm

Hey Buddy!
- I just remembered this photo my wife Jill took of me and my buddy Rich, making a vintage double hose dive a couple of weeks ago. I wore my Voit VR1 Regulator and converted WWII oxygen tank (filled with air). It's about 50 cf and only 1800 psi. Rich wore his Mistral and the steel 72 cf he got from Sea Hunt Jerry. We dove for 58 minutes at depths from 16-23 feet. There was a weird band of fabulous visibility at about 18 feet... We could see 20-30 feet looking out to our sides but could not see the dive float just 20 feet above us.
- I put the J-Valve to the ultimate test. Sucked the tank dry and sucked again to be sure... Then I pulled the lever... And the reserve air became available. Very slick and nice to know it actually works!
- Do you have a nice photo of you and your double hose divin' buddy?
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: Hey Buddy!

Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:49 pm

Great idea for a post Eben.....I hope we get a lot of divers to join in.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:18 am

- Here's a picture of me and my buddy SwimJim. This is at about 75 feet deep iin Fortune Pond and we're diving our Argonaut Krakens with the new DSV mouthpieces. You can't tell from the picture but I think we're SMILING! :)
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:38 pm

a good picture? No.... Vis was bad, but I'm on my Phoenix & my buddy is trying out my Kraken.

(I see this is in "Vintage Diving", so please forgive the BC & BP/W)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”