Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Voit Surprise

Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:07 pm

It was one of those weeks. We have 7 house guests all week (my wife’s friends from Los Angeles down to the beach for the 4th of July holiday). It was my week to drive my 93 year-old mother to her weekly bridge and poker games, go shopping, etc.... Another family member ended up in the hospital for 3 days (all’s good, everyone’s safe and healthy now) so I was schlepping back and forth between, home, work, mom’s house and the hospital all week. Work was crazy with having to meet a bunch of court-imposed deadlines (wrote five, 30 to 60 page “briefs”), meeting new clients and taking care of existing ones. Got a few hours sleep each night and then was back at it. Anyway, I got home Friday night, found a decent single malt scotch I had hidden away, rummaged through the humidor for a nice stogie and planted my self on my deck to listen to the waves and watch the bioluminescence of the dolphin swimming up the coast. Also had the start of the new season of Ray Donovan recorded so was getting ready to watch that.

My wife finds me and says I know you’ve had a rough week so I got something for you, this package got delivered for you today. I love my wife!

Looks hardly used. My son asked me if he could help me rebuild it so we could use it. I thought that was a great plan. With my Polaris I now have the start of a Voit “collection.” Save me! Mark.
DSC_6477.jpg
DSC_6480.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Re: Voit Surprise

Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:31 pm

Nice!

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:19 pm

Oh, that's a beauty! The only ones I have seen that look that good were restorations. I put a lot of effort into mine, and still don't have a full set of chromed Tinnerman's.

Sounds like you have been as busy as a one-legged firefighter trying to stomp out a California sized prairie fire, and you deserve something nice. That's one nice thoughtful spouse, and I suggest you consider keeping her! I gotta brag a little and say that Francie is a lot like that! :D I'm in for as long as she will put up with me.

On another subject, I must say that getting to meet so many of you guys at the Sea Hunt event really helped put the polish on how I already felt about this wonderful group of people. We always enjoy your posts and humor, so keep it rolling! :lol:
The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:43 pm

antique diver wrote: We always enjoy your posts and humor, so keep it rolling! :lol:
So, your the one! I knew it was somebody. :D

The feeling is mutual. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

couv
Master Diver

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:27 pm

Sometimes you eat the bear. Sometimes the bear eats you. Enjoy that bear.

Congratulations.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:59 pm

couv wrote:Sometimes you eat the bear. Sometimes the bear eats you.
DUDE! (Always gotta love a quote from Big Lebowski)

couv
Master Diver

Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:55 pm

Dude,

The BL, like almost all Coen Brothers movies*, is a classic and worthy of an annual re-watch. However, I'm sure that quote predates the movie. In the mid '80ies I had a diving student who liked to say that when things would go right/wrong for her.

On the other hand, it may be a law student quote. "Sometimes the Bar eats you." :D

Couv

*Hail Caesar not withstanding for cutting out the VDH equipment.
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:12 pm

Couv,

Correct on all counts! :D

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:06 pm

Happy 4th of July Mark and Susan!
Seahunt Voit Rocks!

crimediver
Master Diver

Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:48 pm

That looks like a nice one. My first reg I ever had was a blue 50 Fathom I bought when I was 12-13 yrs old. Still have it and dive it. You will like it.

USdiver
Master Diver

Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:09 am

Very nice way to pep up your day. You even got the chrome Tinnerman, Whooot!

50 Fathoms are a favorite of mine, sweet breathers are they.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

Bronze06
Master Diver
First Name: Russell

Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:58 pm

Hmmm.... Chrome tinnermans......good....... Okay so much for a Homer Simpson tribute. Beeauutiful reg. I wish my wife was like yours!
"Where'd ya get that ol' thang, don't cha' know them thare things ill kill ya!"

Live From the Red Sea,

Russ

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:11 pm

Bronze06 wrote:I wish my wife was like yours!
Can't have mine. She's a keeper. Mark 8)

georgeaustin
Master Diver
First Name: george

Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:41 pm

Outstanding to have that reg local - it's very pretty
Nice

Robohips77
Master Diver

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Very Nice piece for the collection. DON'T scratch it!!!!. Enjoy
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”