Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.

Re: Russian Equipments

Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:55 pm

Trapezus,
There is NO mention of US Divers equipment in the manual..
the equipment that is mentioned is as follows;
* MISTRAL--by Italian firm "Salves" but also on the same line mentions Spiro- Technique,a French Firm
* AQUASPRINT - by Italian firm "Salves"
* ATLANTIK- from Dreger
* Delphin- from Dreger
* Divavtor-Universal - from AGA
* Hydro-Pack- Scott
* Tricheco - Caleazzi Italian

<< Your name- "Trapeszus" is a muscle in the human body...Does tha relate to your profession? >>
SDM

adairrj
Master Diver
First Name: Adair

Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:32 pm

*******Adair*******

trapezus

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:46 am

21 wrote:Trapezus,
There is NO mention of US Divers equipment in the manual..
the equipment that is mentioned is as follows;
* MISTRAL--by Italian firm "Salves" but also on the same line mentions Spiro- Technique,a French Firm
* AQUASPRINT - by Italian firm "Salves"
* ATLANTIK- from Dreger
* Delphin- from Dreger
* Divavtor-Universal - from AGA
* Hydro-Pack- Scott
* Tricheco - Caleazzi Italian

<< Your name- "Trapeszus" is a muscle in the human body...Does tha relate to your profession? >>
SDM
Have you ever been in Russia ? Did you dive with them or meet them ?
I am not talking about manual.. It is mentioned in the Russian people

sometimes differs from the language spoken by the people of the book russian language
If you want you can ask any diver in http://www.dive.ru they say aqua lung..
Maybe they learned diving late, but have very good divers..Especialy Red Sea (Blue Hole )and the other parts of the world you can meet deep water Russians.. Ukraina /Crimea trimix divers dive 150 m. in the Black Sea..

trapezus is the ancient name of my city..now we say Trabzon.. There was a USA radar base here to spy Russians :)

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u43 ... _Radar.jpg
good dive

trapezus

Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:59 am

hey adairrj

I have all Russians product what I published here.. not any web site or ebay ..
wait the others.. last bomb will not see in sites.. Russians commandos use it :)

usddude
Master Diver

Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:43 pm

So when Russians speak of their diving equipment they say "aqua-lung". They are not speaking of the maker of the equipment. That is interesting.

Welcome trapezus, to the best vintage diving forum in the world. Thank you for the information about your equipment. There many members here. We all share a bond and trust of each other. The interest of vintage diving equipment. :D

usd

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:12 pm

usddude wrote:So when Russians speak of their diving equipment they say "aqua-lung". They are not speaking of the maker of the equipment. That is interesting.

Welcome trapezus, to the best vintage diving forum in the world. Thank you for the information about your equipment. There many members here. We all share a bond and trust of each other. The interest of vintage diving equipment. :D

usd
That's not uncommon. There are places in Africa where the word for truck is Isuzu. Because of course all the trucks they saw had that on the tail gate. Maybe David Leisure was that bartering for banana's with them.

trapezus

Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:27 am

Russians say aqua lung It might seem strange to you but I say maybe because the best-known brands such as xerox copier xerox..perhaps they was the first acquaintances copier..
I just wanted to say that running a business machine until the compressor is very noisy :)

The Russians now have a very good diver, and have a deep passion as me ..
deep in them, I just try to not do vintage collection..I know I have some of the equipment as they dive into the sunken ships in deep water..
I went down to 250 feet of compressed air my regulator Royal Mistral 9+9 lt La Spirotechnique tanks. .No BC.. believe or not believe :)
I am doing diving for 39 years My vintage equipments not just stay at shelf dive deep with me..

Bryan would like to thank a lot .. I bought some parts for my DA and now it works very good..I learned a lot of his writings and photos for regulator repair..
I share my equipments photos may be I donn't write english well..
If you accept a long distance from where it would be a member .
sincere thank you to everyone who responded to me.

trapezus

Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:03 pm

This suit is 32 years old and neopren is different material than we know .. I was give it a snail hunter diver. Even in winter time there is no cold feel with it ( 5-6 C)
May be not smart but very strong material..

I never used this suit but I saw users in Russia. The river water as ice ..They wear a sweatpant and shirt in it.
Photos background isnn’t good Office buildings is going ..

This is not a real horse collar ..Russians use it on surface if the diver away from the boat or wanted to stay at surface..

USdiver
Master Diver

Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:38 pm

trapezus wrote: I went down to 250 feet of compressed air my regulator Royal Mistral 9+9 lt La Spirotechnique tanks. .No BC.. believe or not believe :)
I am doing diving for 39 years My vintage equipments not just stay at shelf dive deep with me...
Trapezus,

You sound like a NAVED (National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers) member to me. Maybe we need to change the name it "i-NAVED" (inter-National Association of Vintage Equipment Divers). Great regulator the La Spiro Royal Mistral.
Too DAAM Many double hoses, It's not a hobby, it's an addiction.

usddude
Master Diver

Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:07 pm

Trapezus, I am very happy you have a DA and La Spirotechnique Royal Mistral.

Just saying,

Steve

trapezus

Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:43 am

USdiver,
thank you and you're right about the name.
My best friends :
reg: Royal Mistral
fin:Jet-Fin
mask: NASO
tanks: 9+9 and 12+12 La Spirotechnique (177 Bar but I fill 210 :D )
deep meter: La Siprotechnique

only suit is new because now I am 103 kg :( and not tall..
I have some friends age 70+ they was dive with these vintage equipments in Turkey, Russia and Georgia..They was begin to dive with hard hat..
my old instructer said we are spread all over the world are like the mafia :D

trapezus

Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:02 am

usddude,
Thanks a lot.. I have 13 differents brands regulators in my collection running all..
I have DA ,DA Navy Approved , Royal Aqua Master.. 2 difrent models Royal Mistral..
I say sincerely when I choose regulator for deep diving a sunken ship always going to hand Royal Mistral..

I saw a lot of my friends died in diving accident I know that had broken down regulator but never heard of Royal Mistral
very important for the regulator to rely on deep water.. often difficult to find a friend to deep water diving..
Royal Mistral is my best friend..

trapezus

Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Russian Scooter

Russian navy uses this scooter. Weight : 42 kg :| , 10 pcs battery ,each of the motorcycle battery , working 40 metres deep .. charge : 5 A

completely emptied before each use batteries after after fully charging..
I dived 42 m maximum to some wrecks..
only problem is too heavy and and it does not fit in the trunk of my little ford
lay on the back seat of necessarily ..

Thanks for watching Russian based equipment

scubasteve59
Master Diver
First Name: Steve

Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Wow! Thanks for sharing all this stuff. Very cool to see what is happening around the world in vintage gear. I can tell you are a very experienced diver. We have a common thing: I once made a dive to 275' on air with a Dacor pacer regulator, Dacor Horse collar BC, and twin 90 Navy spun cylinders. As you said "believe or not". That was many years ago when I was just a spry 26 year old and diving a lot and before the common use of Nitrox.

trapezus

Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:43 am

Steve
I thank you, nice to have common characteristics, and I certainly believe that ..
Diving even deeper into many parts of the world there are people like us.
I have a friend who our club president NAUI Trimix instructor, underwater photographer.

explain that his later :

Dear Osman,
Upon your request;
I would like to tell the story of my deepest air dive down to 120 mts when I was young ). On 1999 at a mediterrian town Kas close to Meis Island . Using aqualung spiro supra reg , zeagle BC , tusa mask ( the last present from my dad who passed away on 1987) , cavalero graphit long blade fin , wenoka knife , 18 lt cressi brand faber steel cylinder and mares 2 piece full 7 mm wet suit.
At the southern end of the flying fish reef performed a fast descent till I reach my target depth of 120 mts. Following a pre measured shot line . On the ascent waiting 1 min at 60 mts , and finaliesed the dive with a total dive time of 90 minutes decompressing at the stops beginning from 18 mts and ending at 3 mts.
This was the deepest but not the last dive which I went beyond 100 mts .
İf you ask "do you do the same again" My answer will be a huge NO without using mix gas . And if you ask why ? I think the answer will be self satisfaction.....
regards,

RIZA BİRKAN
TDI Adv.trimix instructor#17335
NAUI Instructor#35577
CMAS Instr.Trainer#M3TR0058

This is his true story of his diving records .. I am very glad to meet you, Steve.. one day, maybe we try along with vintage equipment.
Regards

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”