Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

What are your plans for your Vintage Equipment?

Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:35 pm

During the off season/winter? Refurbishment.....Modificaton......Buying....Selling?
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

kgehring
Master Diver

Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:02 pm

Well... after getting serial #s for Dan on DA and Mistrals, I plan on selling a few. I will keep 1 of each address and of each finish. (chrome or matte)
I do not need 17 of them. I will keep the best of the best. I plan on taking inventory of the collection and getting pics up to my web page. That would be the winter project. I might try to work in a couple of 3 day weekend trips to FL.

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:47 am

I am going to hoard all of them FOREVER! :D Seriously, I have a neat little display of several of my regs in my livingroom. I may increase or add to the display. Yes, I am single ha ha ha.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:03 am

I don't have any huge vintage plans this winter. My main diving project for the winter is refurbishing two---2-----Tekna DPVs. I also have newly aquired another round label Royal AquaMaster which will be needing some rework and I need to do a little tuning and rework on my best round label Royal. I would like a set of triple 30s but that may have to wait because I also have a new truck to outfit and a few items for my boat to purchase which will put the brakes on some vintage projects. You never know however just exactly what I might do.

James

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:48 am

I will be cleaning out all of my stash and posting the stuff for sale. I have a lot of single hose Conshelf stuff. I've posted a bunch of it but I know there is a lot left.
I have a fantastic re-chromed Spirotechinque Royal Mistral that I hope to finish putting together and have available for sale here shortly. It has the HP port and will make someone a great Christmas present to themselves!
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:53 am

How about posting a pic of that royal mistral. I bet it is pretty?

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”