Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
duckbill

Hope-Page mouthpiece

Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:13 pm

I have a Healthways Hope-Page mouthpiece sitting here in front of me, and I have several questions to ask about it.
1) Will any standard, modern mushroom valves fit and work properly in them? The badly deteriorated valve presently in it measures 1 1/4 inches in diameter.
2) Are there supposed to be any seals/washers on either side of the one-way valve retainer discs?
3) Is it possible to use hoses with 1 1/2 inch mouthpiece ends by cutting off the 1 1/2 inch end and clamping the hose on the mouthpiece in one of the corrugations? Has anyone done this? (I don't want to go cutting good hoses just to try it out.)
4) What is the consensus regarding their overall comfort and performance? It seems to be fairly heavy compared to a US Divers rubber mouthpiece.
5)If I ever get a Healthways regulator, I may want to mate this mouthpiece to it. What models came standard with this mouthpiece?
Thanks much.

treasureman
Master Diver

Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:23 pm

just miked out some new vlaves for the wagon wheels. it was 1 and 2 eights inch, dont know if this is what ya need, but this seems standard on Aqualung. Might try mikeing the inner diam of the wagon wheels less the small support rim inside, it may be a fit.

As for being heavier, the greater the weight the more tired the jaw gets. and when we get out of the water, people call us slack jawed fools. Not because we are, but because our jaws are so tired

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”