Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Elvis wore a Trieste

Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:58 pm

I'm so bored that I started to watch Elvis movies. Saw he was wearing a Trieste so took a pic. Always thought it was drugs that killed him, but I'm going to have to rethink that knowing your average Trieste's breathing performance. :)

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

couv
Master Diver

Re: Elvis wore a Trieste

Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:31 am

Thanks Mark,

I'll add it to my watchlist, but before I waste too much time tell me-are there any interesting U/W scenes?
A sincere THANK YOU to all at VDH who make this wonderful resource available and to all the thoughtful contributors.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:53 am

couv wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:31 am
Thanks Mark,

I'll add it to my watchlist, but before I waste too much time tell me-are there any interesting U/W scenes?
Not really, although just seeing the equipment is cool. Most of the "interesting" scenes involve girls topside in the latest 1967 bikini styles. :)
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:59 am

The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:23 pm

antique diver wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:59 am
ScubaLawyer wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:58 pm
I'm so bored that I started to watch Elvis movies. Saw he was wearing a Trieste so took a pic. Always thought it was drugs that killed him, but I'm going to have to rethink that knowing your average Trieste's breathing performance. :)

You haven't used my Trieste! 8)
Great, now I'm gonna have to rebuild my Trieste to see if I can at least equal yours Bill. :)

antique diver
Master Diver

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:40 pm

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:02 pm

antique diver wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:40 pm
You would likely need some items made in Antique Diver's shop.
I'm listening.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:07 pm

Well, this has perked my interest. I have a Trieste that is needing some love to put it back in service.

Please elaborate.
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

antique diver
Master Diver

Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:04 pm

Britmarine
VDH Moderator
First Name: David

Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:16 pm

Official movie trailer, including an underwater scene:

And here he is, all geared up:

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:26 pm

Wow, talking about wearing the tank way high. Look at where the hoses are coming from.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:55 pm

antique diver wrote:
More later... tied up for a couple of days with family. I'll just say that I was pleased with results after a year tinkering with my hot rod Trieste. No permanent modifications to the original internal parts were necessary. I also did the same modification for another Trieste owner , and he sent it back to have it de-tuned. There was that still an issue that needed resolving, such as some air would waste out the exhaust under certain conditions. That required a little de-tune that took the edge off, but left it performing at a lower level than I wanted. So a little more work was necessary.
Might be nice with the DSV. It has a diverter to reduce "blow-by"....
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:12 pm

luis wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:26 pm
Wow, talking about wearing the tank way high. Look at where the hoses are coming from.
I doubt he is wearing a tank or regulator. Just some Hollywood magic by running two hoses behind his head and a harness. :)

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:36 pm

antique diver wrote:
More later... tied up for a couple of days with family. I'll just say that I was pleased with results after a year tinkering with my hot rod Trieste. No permanent modifications to the original internal parts were necessary. I also did the same modification for another Trieste owner , and he sent it back to have it de-tuned. There was that still an issue that needed resolving, such as some air would waste out the exhaust under certain conditions. That required a little de-tune that took the edge off, but left it performing at a lower level than I wanted. So a little more work was necessary.
Got my attention Bill. I had a Trieste II and I thought that breathed pretty well. I sold that but acquired a first generation Trieste. I am not wild about it's performance. So, if you have a cure, I'd really be interested!

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”