Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

No, not for sale, just organizing.

Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:49 pm

So I've been promising my wife for a few years that I'd clean out the garage and organize my dive gear better. This morning I find the following regs (and project regs) piled up on a towel in the dining room and she informs me that this was the loose stuff that was laying around and that I had a choice, 1. Put it somewhere out of the way and out of sight, or 2. (well we won't mention #2).... She suggests putting the regs in the two floor to ceiling cabinents at the end of the garage but I can't very well tell her, "no, those are full of other regulators and other very important dive stuff..." Alas, I am cleaning the garage today. :)

"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

SnarkIII
Lung Diver
First Name: Skip

Re: No, not for sale, just organizing.

Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:04 pm

Nice collection Mark. You've got me beat. Maybe you need to put a second floor on the garage, just for SCUBA gear

antique diver
Master Diver
First Name: Bill

Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:18 pm

You've got a pretty nice load of regulators there! I'm sure you still need some more, and I know a guy that has some extras when you need a new fix. :wink:
The older I get the better I was.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:06 pm

antique diver wrote:
You've got a pretty nice load of regulators there! I'm sure you still need some more, and I know a guy that has some extras when you need a new fix. :wink:
Bill, I'll take anything you want to give me! I am currently on the "If you buy another regulator, I'll __________ (fill in the blank with whatever bad thing you can think of) list. :) Apparently new parts to fix up existing regs are still ok to purchase.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

antique diver
Master Diver

Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:30 pm

ScubaLawyer wrote:
antique diver wrote:
Bill, I'll take anything you want to give me! I am currently on the "If you buy another regulator, I'll __________ (fill in the blank with whatever bad thing you can think of) list. :) Apparently new parts to fix up existing regs are still ok to purchase.
Ok, I see how to play this game. Let's say I gave you a collectible Stainless Steel Drager for instance, but forgot to check it out to see if all the internal parts were there before I sent it. But that's not really so bad of me since it was free anyway. Then you might be so bold as to want to put it in working condition, and who do you know that would just happen to have those kind of parts in his vast vintage parts inventory? Of course those kind of parts are very rare and a little expensive, but so would a complete Drager also be. You would just have to complete that little beauty and keep it as an investment that would appreciate in spite of the Corona Virus scare (instead of tanking like the corporate equities you own are doing just now). 8)

You just have to know how to play the game (before she changes the rules again)!

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:31 am

Hi Mark,
Susan would probably Kill me if she saw all the regulators I have.

Vancetp
Master Diver
First Name: Phillip

Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:32 am

Shoot. I know a guy has that many (plus more) just Healthways Scubas.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:06 am

antique diver wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:30 pm
ScubaLawyer wrote:
antique diver wrote:
Ok, I see how to play this game. Let's say I gave you a collectible Stainless Steel Drager for instance, but forgot to check it out to see if all the internal parts were there before I sent it. But that's not really so bad of me since it was free anyway. Then you might be so bold as to want to put it in working condition, and who do you know that would just happen to have those kind of parts in his vast vintage parts inventory? Of course those kind of parts are very rare and a little expensive, but so would a complete Drager also be. You would just have to complete that little beauty and keep it as an investment that would appreciate in spite of the Corona Virus scare (instead of tanking like the corporate equities you own are doing just now). 8)

You just have to know how to play the game (before she changes the rules again)!
Bill, kindly tell Francie to put you back on your meds. :)

Your faithful dive buddy,

Mark

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:10 am

SeaHuntJerry wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:31 am
Hi Mark,
Susan would probably Kill me if she saw all the regulators I have.
Good thing she's my wife and not yours. :)

P.S. Of course, you knew her when she and I were just dating and that was 25 years ago and long before I met you, so who knows?

P.P.S. Although Sam Miller mentioned both of us in the same article around 1995 so not sure why we weren't in contact then?

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:12 am

Vancetp wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:32 am
Shoot. I know a guy has than many (plus more) just Healthways Scubas.
:lol:

antique diver
Master Diver

Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:50 am

ScubaLawyer wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:06 am

Bill, kindly tell Francie to put you back on your meds. :)

Your faithful dive buddy,

Mark
Hmph! Mark, if you knew just how many regulators I really have you would treat me with more respect!

(Well, come to think of it, that may just confirm your original suspicion about my mental state) :?

GJC
First Name: Gary

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:44 pm

My wife saw the picture on this page and said that Mark cannot be my friend and I can never go over to his house.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:29 am

GJC wrote:
My wife saw the picture on this page and said that Mark cannot be my friend and I can never go over to his house.
:) :) :)

Britmarine
VDH Moderator
First Name: David

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:12 am

GJC wrote:
:D Thanks for confirming another of the benefits of remaining single.

h2operations
Master Diver
First Name: Paul

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:52 pm

Funny ! Mine would say when you go to his house leave a spare set or two of gear there......maybe three....

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”