Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: No, not for sale, just organizing.

Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:04 pm

I think its the "unfinished" projects that get us over loaded. Last year I had six unfinished (unstarted) regs... Two are Royal AquaMasters that I resolved to finish up last Spring. They were ugly on the outside but ended up like new inside... I barely got them done and Jerry enticed me with three like new Snark IIIs for $90 total. I already had three Snark IIIs but Geez for only $30 each... They're worth that just for parts. But DANG these were so nice I had to fix them up... Minimal repairs, just hoses and diaphragms. Sold one to Rich so now I have FIVE Snark IIIs. And the other projects got forgotten again for awhile... Cause I'm working on my Tornado/Kidde compressor... Which cost me only $250, how could I resist?

Speaking of investments, can you imagine how rich we'd be if we could find investments at such low prices as these regulators and then so consistently re-build and tune them up to the beautiful top quality and value that these regulators become? Maybe we could impress our wives by comparing them to other things of value... "Honey, the price you could get for this regulator would buy you a 1987 Buick LeSabre". :D
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:03 am

Susan says give to Jerry :twisted: :evil: :mrgreen:

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:43 am

SeaHuntJerry wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:03 am
Susan says give to Jerry :twisted: :evil: :mrgreen:
Be careful what you ask for Jerry, at this point my wife is ready to put a stamp on my forehead and write your address on my butt. :) She says hello. Mark
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Vintagediver
Master Diver

Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:41 pm

Roxann says don't let Terry even see Marks post! :mrgreen: :lol:
The friendship of many has been inspired and created while together we've explored beneath the waves the wonders of God's creation.

NAVED Member #137
Member of The 2016, 2017 Sea Hunt Forever Dive Team

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:44 pm

Please don't bring the Corona virus here. Stay Safe Susan and Mark!

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”