Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
Goodlifedivers
Master Diver
First Name: Danny

Need help with an ID

Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:55 pm

IMG_1889.jpg
IMG_1888.jpg
A customer brought about 15 boxes worth of dive gear ranging a 40 year diving career that his father had. In one of the boxes was this piece. I got incredibly excited since it looks like it can be a part of a triple manifold but no searches online have helped so far. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up that I can use this for a triple set but now I'm just curious on what it is. Any help is appreciated.

As an aside there was lots of cool gear. Including some Piel micro regs and some Apeks regs from the 80s. along with some nice single hoses from seamless in good condition.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Need help with an ID

Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:02 pm

What do the ends look like? Are there threads for a plug or j-valve? Is it smooth for insertion of an o-ring'd manifold?
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Goodlifedivers
Master Diver
First Name: Danny

Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:25 pm

The ends are female and fit standard manifold plugs. Blue steel type thread.

rhwestfall
Master Diver
First Name: Robert

Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:40 am

Cool! (for S&G, I'd try putting an H-Valve on each side, and put it on a big tank....)
Bob

No Longer Awaiting my Kraken.....

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”