Forum rules
Discussion of diving methods and equipment available prior to the development of BCDs beyond the horse collar. This forum is dedicated to the pre-1970 diving.
SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Betty Frazee Interview

Thu May 09, 2019 9:29 am

Betty Frazee Interview and Award
- Last March at Sea Hunt Forever, Alec Pierce was telling us about an award that he and other Vintage folks put together for Betty Frazee (Sea Hunt's Girl In the Box). She lives near Silver Springs but couldn't join us this year, so they went to visit her to give her the award. I didn't realize they had recorded a video of Alec interviewing Betty so I was a happily surprised to find it on YouTube last night.
- It's very neat to have her connection with the Sea Hunt TV show and cast members. But also quite a trip down memory lane and the Golden Years of Silver Springs... Before the fantasy attractions of Disneyland and others drowned out the Natural Resource attractions (like Silver Springs).
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

SeaHuntJerry
Master Diver

Re: Betty Frazee Interview

Thu May 09, 2019 6:44 pm

Way way too cool Than ks Alec and Betty :D :P :twisted: :)

ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

Re: Betty Frazee Interview

Thu May 09, 2019 10:18 pm

Interview with Betty came out great! Glad the award finally worked out. I recall seeing several iterations. That was a very nice gesture. M
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Return to “Classic Vintage Diving”