ScubaLawyer
Master Diver
First Name: Mark

1st rebuild of a Pico DAAM Cyclone - Success!

Sun May 07, 2017 8:35 pm

A while back Bryan was kind enough to install a Cyclone in an old Pico AquaMaster for me. Anyway, fast forward a year or so and I'm walking through my garage and spy a baggie of DH parts sitting on a shelf and the label half of the AquaMaster can sitting there all by its lonesome. No one wanted to fess up to but I’m pretty sure someone was trying to help daddy “fix” his regulator. Anyway, layed out everything and found a few parts, springs, etc... missing. Bryan procured the missing parts for me and I made my first attempt at cobbling together a real life two-stage regulator including rebuilding the Cyclone (I’ve done plenty of single stage regs but never really had the belief that I too could put together a two-stager). Even decided to add a long yoke so I could use a Banjo fitting. Yes, I realize there probably weren’t yellow hose, black curved mouthpiece Pico’s with a Tire-Wheel but I’m more of a function over form kinda guy.

All went together well. IP held at 135 for 24 hours with tank air on and off. Thus, no leaks. It breathes great. Mark
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The diver who collects specimens of underwater life has fun and becomes a keen underwater observer. .. seek slow-moving or attached organisms such as corals, starfish, or shelled creatures." (Golden Guide to Scuba Diving, 1968) :D

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: 1st rebuild of a Pico DAAM Cyclone - Success!

Sun May 07, 2017 10:33 pm

Congratulations, well done.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

SurfLung
Master Diver
First Name: Eben

Re: 1st rebuild of a Pico DAAM Cyclone - Success!

Mon May 08, 2017 9:31 am

- Very nice! A new and improved regulator... Looks beautiful.
SurfLung
The Freedom and Simplicity of Vintage Equipment and
Vintage Diving Technique are Why I Got Back Into Diving.

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”