Robohips77
Master Diver

So much on this sale!

Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:23 pm

So let me understand this sale coming up on the 26th.. In the store it says 780 dollars for all those goodies you have listed? Does the sale start at midnight as it has in the past? I want one of those packages. Very nice indeed!!!!
First dives? 1967 and I never lost the fever.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Re: So much on this sale!

Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Robohips77 wrote:So let me understand this sale coming up on the 26th.. In the store it says 780 dollars for all those goodies you have listed? Does the sale start at midnight as it has in the past? I want one of those packages. Very nice indeed!!!!
I moved it to Saturday to be part of the small business Saturday trend these days but we can stick to tradition and start the sale at 12:01.

I've had tons of inquires on the SE regulators....I actually ordered the bodies and yokes in January and they were delivered in April with the standard Kraken parts. I have been working since then to put it all together. I had to convince one of the vendors to do a short run of small parts without plating, Herman to make the spring pads and for the ceramics guys to experiment with me on a few parts. And there were failures that had to be scrapped and started again. I wasted a whole month experimenting with titanium springs (not cost effective for 12 regulators) But decided finally to move on and finish it. Dave did another amazing can label that really stands out and is just one of the unique features of the regulator.
I'm not calling it a non magnetic, but I'm willing to bet it is Less Magnetic than any other double hose ever was.

Edit. Originally I was going to ship them in a pelican case with an Argonaut Kraken logo but the new safe second stages were such a big hit that I ordered 12 more in all black and asked the engraver to make black and brass purge buttons and medallions for them and skip the cases.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:45 am

This will be a really cool reg set up. I dont think they will last long.

tjlewis1
First Name: Terry

Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:50 pm

Are service parts going to be hard to get for the safe second?

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:01 pm

tjlewis1 wrote:Are service parts going to be hard to get for the safe second?
Absolutely not. When the time comes I'll have service kits for them. They will always be serviced free of charge when sent in with your Kraken. It is a simple and reliable design that uses standard parts which is one of the reasons I chose it. The main diaphragm and exhaust valve are silicone and will outlast all of us if properly cared for.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

tjlewis1
First Name: Terry

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:04 pm

Great!! What is the recommended service interval for the Kraken btw?

Bryan
Plank Owner

Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:07 pm

tjlewis1 wrote:Great!! What is the recommended service interval for the Kraken btw?
Covered on the Argonaut Kraken page in the website store.

http://vintagedoublehose.com/store/#!/A ... ry=8222661

guyharrisonphoto
Skin Diver
First Name: Guy

Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:39 am

Bryan

Can I get the plate package with the Hog 32 lb wing? I am sometimes over-weighted intentionally and would like the extra lift. What would the cost be?

Thanks

Bryan
Plank Owner

Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:21 am

guyharrisonphoto wrote:Bryan

Can I get the plate package with the Hog 32 lb wing? I am sometimes over-weighted intentionally and would like the extra lift. What would the cost be?

Thanks
The website store does a great job of displaying what's available along with options, prices etc. The store also calculates shipping cost and options when you check out just like most other on line retailers do.

http://vintagedoublehose.com/store/#!/B ... y=21569867

With that said.....There was a big run on VDH plates while I was a away in Cozumel. There is only ONE plate combo that will be available during the sale. I have ordered more plates and expect them sometime in December.

If multiple opinions are needed or you would like a group answer then the forum is the best place to post questions. If you need something specific and in a timely manner my E-mail works much better.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:31 pm

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:46 am

I will be blurry eyed but I am staying up past midnight.

Bryan
Plank Owner

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:39 am

Or you could just set your alarm a little early as the sale starts at 6am est Saturday..........I will shut down the store tonight around 6pm so I can add the inventory count and do some checks and then I'll hit the GO button at 6am.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:55 am

Do you like put on a Santa suit and make Jillian wear an elf hat. Geeez, you get things packed fast. :D

James

Bryan
Plank Owner

Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:29 pm

I have on my ASTRO CAT shirt and shorts.....Jillian is staying out of the way and working on Minecraft and art projects......I'll work all day to get out all the orders that I can and then it's beer 30 for me tonight.... I'm very very thankful for all the support from all yall.....

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”