olly2603
First Name: ALWYN

Argonaut Kraken - Set Up & Service

Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi
I live in Dubai, UAE and want to purchase the Argonaut Kraken and be the first in this part of the world to dive a DH. Is it a possible to post some videos on how to set up the Regulator along the HP & LP hoses. Also, a video on daily care in terms of what to do after the dive (dos & dons) would help as no one in this area would be willing to service the rig. I am new to diving (50 dives) and would love to see supporting videos posted by some more experienced divers.

kworkman
Master Diver
First Name: Keith

Re: Argonaut Kraken - Set Up & Service

Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:39 pm

The main page has a FAQ section about pre dive and after care. It talks about rinsing the regulator, cleaning the hoses and proper storage and placement. There is an entire section on the forum dedicated to using the Kraken you should read through in your free time. It'll help alot.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:04 pm

There are no videos on how to attach HP and LP hoses to an Argonaut as far as I know.....I would 2nd the idea of reading most of the posts in this section and I'm sure you will get a lot of good information. If you have a specific question please ask as we will be glad to help. The Care and Maintenance guide on the main page applies to the Argonaut as it does any other double hose. Below is a link to a PDF I made about the correct placement for your Argonaut or any other double hose. This is very important to follow!

CLICK HERE

Reading all the posts regarding getting started in double hose diving and double hose diving 101 are a great start too.

Servicing the Argonaut is not difficult and anyone who has experience servicing Conshelf or Titan single hose regulators would be able to service one. Argonaut Kraken regulators are very reliable and with proper care they will go many dives between service.

We do have a member on the forum named Russ who is over in your area....Hopefully he will post a reply as well.
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

olly2603
First Name: ALWYN

Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:39 am

Thanks Bryan - Will look forward to a reply from Russ. I really want to take my diving to another level any help is appreciated.

Thanks Guys.

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”