Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Phoenix vrs Argonaut

Thu May 26, 2016 12:01 am

A friend asked me if the Argonaut breathes better than my phoenix. I know its on hear but can't find the thread. Does the argonaut breath easier/better than the phoenix or cyclone? Are their any mechanical advantages over the phoenix/cyclone?
By the way, I try to tell people that double hoses are not out dated and are still currently in production. But I have yet to meet a dive shop owner that is teachable. They just start spewing about liability and look away from me.
Formerly tripplec. Decided to use my real name since you guys aren't a bunch of flaky internet trolls.

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Re: Phoenix vrs Argonaut

Thu May 26, 2016 6:21 am

Read post number 3 under this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8278

There is no short answer.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Thu May 26, 2016 8:36 am

luis wrote:
There is no short answer.
Yes there is......Argonaut Kraken, Rex de Abyssus.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

swimjim
Master Diver
First Name: Jim

Thu May 26, 2016 8:47 am

IMHO, If the Phoenix is rigged with the new second stage, the inhalation effort is pretty close. The exhaust on the Argo is where it really shines performance wise and gives the nod to it. Argo wins by an exhaust! In the end, you can't go wrong either way. YMMV

Jim

Chris
Master Diver
First Name: Chris

Fri May 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Thanks Luis. Very good read. I am curious on the Optimized second stage volcano. Bigger orifice or just different shape? I caught the part about nicer shaped air horn to aid in the ventury affect. Also curious about vaciume assisted ventury. Would that be vacume off the air horn or like the built in vacum chamber on some of the lp hose outlets i saw in the Regulator Savy book?

Again, awesome reeding. Thank you.

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”