Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Argonaut 2nd stage, What are the Three Dots for?

Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:53 am

Here is an overview of the Argonaut 2nd stage. Please take a look and give us your feedback. WHAT ARE THE THREE DOTS FOR ???
CLICK HERE
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

BigMike
Master Diver
First Name: Mike

Re: Argonaut 2nd stage details.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:02 pm

I think that you were smart to put the comments about NOT adjusting in BOLD print... but you know some people will touch a hot stove if you tell them "be careful it's hot" :roll: Good to have for a reference. Mike
You are never too old to start a new hobby.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Re: Argonaut 2nd stage details.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:26 pm

The Argonaut is an amazing breathing machine but like any regulator it can be adjusted incorrectly if one goes about it without fully understanding the big picture. Specifically, the guide mentions the screw "flush" to the body or approximately so, plus or minus one turn (and me, I would stay within .5 turn). The concern here is that if you back the orifice out more than this amount (approximately) it is still possible to adjust the lever, cracking effort etc. and all will seem well, until, there is a high demand and suddenly that demand might not be satisfied. This is because the volcano orifice is retreated too close to the internal body cavity base thus restricting flow, the soft seat will not clear the base of the body cavity sufficiently to allow full air flow. This is a very important consideration when setting up an Argonaut and must be understood, thus the warning to keep the orifice adjustment such that the screw is at or nearly flush to the body for proper (adequate volcano orifice height above the cavity base) and within the dots for best alignment of the hole in the volcano orifice body and the hose port.

James

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”