Re: Argonaut Kraken spotted in Cozumel!

Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:21 am

You should develop a single stage and call it the Argonaut Leviathan

Bryan
Plank Owner
First Name: Bryan

Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:19 am

The Argonaut HK edition was a big hit with everyone in Cozumel. Unfortunately the Sanrino corporation has declined to allow me a license for Hello Kitty and this one of a kind gem will remain as my personal Argonaut. :lol:
Doing it right should include some common sense, not just blindly following specs and instructions. .Gary D, AWAP on SB

1969ivan1
Plank Owner
First Name: rob

Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:59 pm

I have now been diving my prototype Argonaut for 2 years now and I must say it is most impressive. Last year I took it to 155 feet and this year in Coz I took it to 124 without a hiccup. Luis was a busy man diving his with a sacrificial IP gauge and writing data as he dived different depths. The new cans also look very nice and I think everyone will be impressed with some of the neat innovations.

Nemrod
VDH Moderator
First Name: James

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:22 pm

The one I dove was simply amazing. If you are waiting for the "but" there is not one. :D

I also drop tested my test sample. At least I attempted to, I did a back flip entry onto Bryan and Eva's patio. There was a lot of arm waving and what I can only imagine was some sort of explicatives being issued forth by the SCUBA Club maintenance man. The Kraken survived, I think I did also with only minor damage to my shoulder. It was my better-er shoulder, now it is my worse-er shoulder. The patio, not so good. Anything that would wipe out a Kraken would put a metal can out of commision as well, no worries there.

The label oozes intimidation factor to single hose bubble blowers like nothing else possibly could. It is off the cool chart. Uh, well, since the label is red, should not there be red hoses? If only to match my fins and mask? :lol:

The Kraken breaths dry, smooth, effortless exhaust much improved over the standard DBEV.

Sign me up, it is a must have.

And, some smart axx guest at SCUBA Club asks me something like "where is the vintage camera and gear to match the regulator?" That is when I had to explain to him the concept the Kraken, it is not vintage. Nothing on it or in it is really vintage. Vintage inspired, but vintage no. Feel free to dive your Kraken with whatever modern gear you choose, even cool Areis Accel fins with cute red straps :!: :!: .

Hey, the thing is a beauty, way better than I imagined. And, yes, if you insist, it would look pretty dang cool with those silly round masks and Voit Skindiver pool flippers you got on Ebait.

Okay, okay, there is a but. But I gotta give it back :cry:

Oh, and they are the preferred regulator of actual Krakens:

Nem

luis
VDH Moderator
First Name: Luis

Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:25 pm

We got back from Cozumel just a few days ago.

We did 26 dives with the Argonaut in its new case. I am extremely pleased with the performance and functionality of the regulator in the new housing. I tested the design, using a printed 3D prototype, several months ago, but this is now a true injection molded case.

When I designed the case, the intention was to have a lower profile and to allow space for a tank mounted BC (wing type or similar). The shape of the case should also work well with more backpacks and back-plates. So far it has met or exceeded my expectations.

The exhaust has also tested as the lowest resistance I have measured.

The reduced weight of the plastic can also makes the regulator balance very well and saves some weight on my carry-on luggage.

We didn’t get the cans until we arrived in Cozumel, so we had to swap cans in the patio. You can see us assembling the regulators in some of the pictures.
Luis

Buceador con escafandra autónoma clásica.

JES
Plank Owner
First Name: Joseph

Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:06 pm

You guys rock! Thank you for the updates and keep up the great work. 8)
NAVED Master Diver #108
'Anima Sana In Corpore Sano’

Return to “Phoenix and Argonaut Specialty Area”